16

The storm began to clash down the ocean with heavy rain and strong wings. Bolts of lighting danced across the sky and thunder echoes right after it. But throughout the storm, the Black Pearl launched into a full speed into battle. She charged forward as the lead with her sisters staying behind, letting the Black Pearl meet its match with the Flying Dutchman.

"Maelstrom!" Mr. Gibbs' voice reached over the sound of the storm.

Evelyn, Will, Leo, and James all stood at the top of the ship, looking over the deck to see a giant whirlpool to form in between the Pearl and the Dutchman.

"I'm going to help the others, they are going to need all the help they can get." James spoke through the rain to Evelyn.

Turning her head, she gave a nod. "Go." She pushed her soaking we hair out of her face. James gave her a nod before disappearing down the stairs. Looking back at Barbossa standing off to the side, she pushed herself into a quick pace step. "Captain Barbossa!" She called, stopping right at his side. "We need you at the helm."

He turned to face her. "Aye, that be true." Walking past her, Barbossa pulled Mr. Cotton from the wheel to regain his position there. "Brace up yards, you cack-handed deck apes." Barbossa shouted to the crew. A smile grew across Evelyn's face as she stared at Barbossa taking control of the ship. "Dying is the day worth living for." He added.

Turning around, Evelyn looked in between both of her boys. "This is it." Evelyn breathed out. "This is the world's end. Our last fight." She narrowed her eyes as the rain poured down on them.

"And we are going to get through this together." Leo nodded to her, glancing at Will. "All of us."

"Agreed. We've all come a long way." Will nodded, looking between the two.

"So we have." A smile worked its way on to Evelyn's face. It was true, all three of them had come a long way. It seemed like it was only yesterday Will was working as a blacksmith and Evelyn was going to visit him, dreaming of being his. "I love you both." Evelyn reached out to grab Leo's and Will's wet hands. "Both of you are so important to me. No matter what happens, I want you both to know that."

Both men squeezed her hands.

"I love you too." Will raised voice over the rain.

"And I love you as well." Leo smiled, eyes casting down to her hands. "I see that the wedding is still on, yes?"

Evelyn blushed while Will gave a small grin. Nodding, she gave a little laugh. "Yes it is and you will be there." She said, not as a question but as a demand.

"As the King Lady Pirate commands." Leo replied playfully, giving her a mocking bow.

Evelyn gave a heart felt laugh, shaking her head. Her eyes cast in between both of their heads. She stopped laughing as she saw the Dutchman getting far too close to the Pearl. "Look." She let go of their hands, lifting one hand to point. The boys turned around to look at where she was looking.

Will turned around to look at Barbossa. "She's on our stern and gaining."

"More speed! Haul your wind and hold your water!" Barbossa shouted to the crew.

Leo and Evelyn looked over the railing to see the Flying Dutchman coming right behind the Black Pearl. Canons were fired at the ship. Balls flying and crashing in different areas of the ship. One in particular flew over Leo and Evelyn. She screamed and turned away as Leo turned with her, shielding her body with his. The canon ball crashed right beside them.

Will snapped his head at Evelyn, pure panic written across his face. He turned his head back at Barbossa. "Take us out or they'll overbear us."

"Nay. Further in. We'll cut across to faster waters." Barbossa shouted, glancing at Evelyn.