15

Evelyn swung her legs over the railing on the Black Pearl. She reached out to grab on to Will's hand he offered out to her. Holding on to his hand, she hopped down from the railing, stumbling slightly. "Thank you." She whispered out sweetly to him. Her eyes darted to his for a second, he gave her a quick smile. She gave his hand a gentle squeeze before letting go. Already missing the feeling of his hand in hers, she walked over to where Barbossa stood with his arms crossed over his chest and his back turned to them. "We'll need to use the Black Pearl as a flagship to lead the attack."

"Oh, will we now?" Barbossa questioned as Evelyn and Will came to a sharp stop. Right before their eyes, Marty, Mr. Gibbs, and the others held on to ropes that had been tied around Tia Dalma as she walked up the stairs on to the ships deck.

"All right, Mrs. Fish. Come on." Pintel spoke to the woman.

"Barbossa, you can't release her." Will said, a slight panic in his voice.

Instantly, men circled around Evelyn and Will, holding on to them while pointing their guns at the two.

"We need to give Jack a chance." Evelyn said calmly.

Barbossa whipped his head around, moving his face right in front of Evelyn's. "Apologies, Your Majesty. Too long my fate has not been in me own hands." He looked down at Sao Feng's necklaces resting on top of her dark green off the shoulder shirt. Wrapping his fingers around the item, he looked back up at her face. "No longer." He ripped the necklace from her neck.

Evelyn glared up at him, watching him walk away. She let out a breath, furrowing her eyebrows as they began to place the nine pieces of eight into a bowl. Footsteps coming beside her caused her to turn her head away to see Leo and James standing beside her. "I was beginning to wonder where you two were." She whispered.

"Sorry I was looking for you." Leo paused, glancing at James then looking back at Evelyn. "We were looking for you." Leo corrected his response. His eyes flickered up to Will. "Good to see you, mate." The corners of his mouth turned up.

"You as well." He gave Leo a closed lip smile, adding a nod in acknowledgement. Will shifted his eyes towards James standing beside Leo. "Mr. Norrington." Will gave him a nod. He didn't smile but there was a hint of friendliness in his tone.

"Mr. Turner." James mimicked Will's actions.

"Finally chose the right side?" Will asked him casually.

"All thanks to, Miss. Adams, right here." He nodded in Evelyn's direction, casting his eyes down to her.

Evelyn gave him a small smile before turning her head to look at Will.

"Be there some manner of rite or incantation?" Mr. Gibbs asked Barbossa, causing the others to turn their attention back to what was happening right before them.

"Aye." Barbossa gave Mr. Gibbs a nod before waving his hands over the dish. "The items brought together, done. Items to be burned..." Barbossa held out his hand for Ragetti to place a pole with a burning end in his hand. "...and someone must speak the words: 'Calypso, I release you from you human bonds.'"

"Is that it?" Pintel questioned.

"'Tis said it must be spoken as if to a lover." Barbossa added suggestively.

The crew began to 'ooo' in interest together, inappropriate smirks welling up on their faces.

Evelyn shifted uncomfortably closer to Will, glancing up to meet his eyes before looking forward again.

Barbossa held up the pole, tilting his head back to look up at the heavens. "Calypso, I release you from your human bonds!" He shouted. Lifting the pole up, he tilted the burning end into the bowl, touching the items placed in it. But nothing happened.