Some Assembly Required

👆👆
Up above is what our darling oc, Phoenix looks like. I hope you all like her design. Took me awhile to make it.

Enjoy!!

~~Phoenix POV~~

It was a cool night in the summer. A large house was sitting in the middle of a grassy field. The house was far enough from the city nearby to clearly see the stars at night, but close enough to drive to and from in less than twenty minutes.

That was the best place for me to be born. This was my home. And to this day, it is still my true home, the place where my family still resides.

I moved towards the house and towards the front door. I walked through the door and saw something that drive me to happy tears.

I saw two young boys with light brown hair sitting in front of the tv watching the late night news.

"Ray, this is boring." The boy in black and red pajamas groaned, "Can't we watch some cartoons, or something other than the boring news."

"No way, Kai. There might be something about her in the news." The boy in blue and white pajamas said.

The first boy, Kai, gasoed and lowered his gaze to the beige carpet. Both of the boys looked sad, and that turned my happy tears into sad ones.

"Boys! It's time for bed!" A woman called from the stairs.

I turned towards the stairs and saw a tall woman with long, light brown hair. She had lightly tanned skin that matched the two boys, they had also shared the same light green eyes.

She smiled kindly as the boys turned off the tv and rushed upstairs.

I followed them up the stairs, they passed two rooms labeled 'Kai' and 'Ray'. I assumed that they belonged to the two boys, but I was slightly confused when I saw them pass the rooms.

They stopped down the hall at a third door labeled 'Big Sis'.

"I really think you should sleep in your own rooms, boys." The woman said as the door opened.

I looked inside and saw a beautiful room decorated in old drawings and red covers on the bed.

The floor was dark oak wood and in the center of the room were a lot of new drawings, mostly drawings of the two boys with a young girl.

I smiled as the boys climbed under the red covers over the bed.

"We want to be here until she comes back." Kai said.

"Yeah, we just want to be closer to her. Even if she hasn't come back yet." Ray said.

The woman smiled and turned off the lights.

"Good night boys." She said.

"Good night, mom." They said, turning towards a small framed picture on the nightstand.

"Good night, big sis." They whispered to the picture before falling asleep.

~~~~

My eyes opened as I smiled from my dream.

"That was nice." I said, sitting up and stretching my arms into the air.

I suddenly gasped, feeling something soft underneath me. I jumped up and held my arms in a fighting stance.

I sighed, my instincts got the better of me. I had almost forgotten the events from the other day.

I took a breath and let it out slowly, calming my never-ending nerves.