Robeast and Fear

Something was flying towards us, but no one had noticed.

I ran towards the comms and contacted everyone on the base.

"Paladins! There's something bad coming, get out of there, now!" I shouted. As if on cue, the alarms went off, alerting us of an incoming object.

We looked around and saw a large mechanical beast type robot with a nasty look on its face.

"I knew he could not be trusted!" Allura said.

"It wasn't him." Shiro defended.

"How can you be sure?"

"It doesn't matter now. What should we do?" Coran asked.

"Everyone, stay on high alert. Get to your lions but don't launch until we know what it's here for." I said.

"Took the words right out of my mouth, Phoenix." Shiro smirked.

They all came back to the ship and manned their lions.

"We should be safe as long as we stay in the space pocket." Pidge reassured us.

I watched from the deck as the robeast, Hunk's brilliant name for the monster, opened its large mouth and sucked in a massive amount of xanthorium clusters inside itself.

"He's drawing in the xanthorium clusters." Coran pointed out.

I watched as its flame grew stronger and stronger with each cluster it absorbed.

Once it had its fill, it closed its mouth for a moment before opening it again and firing a bright yellow beam straight at other xanthorium clusters.

The clusters exploded and the robeast flew closer to the space pocket.

The robeast fired another attack and hit the ship head on.

"Direct hit! He definitely knows we're here." Coran shouted.

"Get the particle barrier up!" Allira ordered. The barrier was raised and protected the ship from the incoming blasts.

The robeaat sucked in more crystals as it was out of power.

I turned to Coran in a rapid speed, "Coran, get us out of here before it attacks again." I said.

"That won't be possible." Allura said, "He's pulling us in as well." She was proven right when the Castle was slowly being pulled out of thr space pocket, "Paladins, I think it's time to launch!"

The paladins formed Voltron anf rushed out of the space pocket. But in an instant, the generator powering the space fold shit off, exposing us completely.

"We're exposed!" Allura yelled, "The space fold has been lowered!"

I looked down at my bracelet and typed as fast as I could to contact Ulaz.

"Ulaz! Ulaz! What's going on? Why was the space fold lowered?" I shouted into my speakers, but recieved no response.

Just then, a small ship extied the base and flew right past us.

"Well, there goes Ulaz." Coran said.

Allura scowled at the escaping ship in anger and distrust, "I knew we should never trust a Galra!" She muttered under her breath.

I twisted my head towards her, "Allura, maybe he has a reason to leave! Don't place one Galra in a category of thousands!"

"The Galra have done nothing but terrorize the universe. Why should he be any different?"

I was shocked by her answer. She was supposed to be the princess of a great race that believed in peace. And yete here she is, judging someone for their looks and blood instead of their actions.