Return to the Balmera

I sat on my bed, thinking about what I told Rolo and Nyma. The words I spoke were ones I held close and very dearly.

They were words I would live by.

As I was thinking, a sudden knock brought me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah?" I said. The door opened and revealed Keith standing on the other side.

"Allura said to come get you." He said. I smiled and nodded, getting up and following him to the bridge.

As we walked, I could feel his eyes switching from me to the hall. I chuckled, "Do you want to ask me something? Or are you just gonna keep flicking your eyes back and forth?" I said.

Keith jumped at my question and turned red with embarrassment.

"Uh-um, well..." He said, rubbing the back of his head, "I was wondering... about what you were thinking about?"

I gave him a confused look, "Why would you want to know that?" I asked.

"You, well, you always looks as if you're in deep thought. And I wanted to know what you were thinking about all the time."

His question threw me off. No one has ever asked me a question like that since before I was taken by the Galra.

I hummed, thinking about my answer, "You could say that I'm thinking about my family." I answered, "I always wonder when I'll go home again, and what my family will be like after I return."

Keith smiled, "I'm sure they'll be happy to see you again. Who wouldn't want to meet a girl like you?" He mumbled at the least part.

I gasped, surprised by the last thing he mumbled. I looked at him and saw his flushed cheeks and ears. I didn't know what to say.

We kept walking in silence until we reached the bridge.

"Good, you're both here. We'll be arriving at the Balmera soon." Allura said, watching as the green-yellow planet drew near, "Liberating these Balmerans from Zarkon's grasp will not be easy."

"When has anything ever been easy?" I asked full of sarcasm.

"So, what's the plan? We go in there and just-- pow, pow, pow! And free the prisoners?" Lance asked, imitating lasers guns and striking poses.

I swiftly grabbed one of my daggers and threw it a millimeter too close to his foot. He jumped in both fear and surprise.

"What was that noise?" Keith asked.

"Laser guns." Lance answered.

"We'll, whatever it was, it was annoying." I said, standing up and holding four more daggers between my fingers.

"And if anyone else decides to make their own little laser gun imitation... I promise I won't miss." I said dangerously, glaring at the other paladins who stepped back in fear.

"Okay then. Besides, we can't shoot at the Galra. This Balmera, it's, like, alive. And from what we've seen, it doesn't look very good." Hunk said swallowing his fear of me and my daggers.

I put away my daggers and looked up at the bio scan of the Balmera. My vision changed and I saw a murky brown flame. It was indeed a warm type of flame, but it was dying and fast.

I blinked away my vision, but then suddenly, I heard what sounded like a whale song. It was painful to listen to, but I shook it away, focusing on the task at hand.

"Yes, it's an atrocity what the Galra have been doing to this grand beast. Stealing its crystals, its very life force, without ever performing the energy rejuvenation ceremonies to heal it." Coran said sadly.