Taking Flight

"Mom, do we have to go to school?" A little boy asked.

"Yes, Kai. It's important for kids to learn." His Mom said as she gave him his backpack.

It early in the morning, 7:45 am to be exact. My brothers were about to catch the bus, but Kai... let's just say that he isn't a morning or school kind of person.

"Kai, we need to leanr all we can so we can find big sis in space." Ray said. Kai stopped fighting right then and there.

They both knew about where I was, and what happened to me. And they wanted to find me.

"Do you really think we'll find her?" Kai asked saddened by the reminder of where I was.

"Of course we'll find her! And then when she comes back, she'll tell us about all of her adventures in space." Ray encouraged.

Kai took his backpack from our mom and rushed out the house with his beother to catch the bus.

Our Mom watched as they ran out and into the bus, her smile was small, a mix of happiness and sadness.

"I really do hope you boys can find her." She whispered.

My eyes fluttered open, I smiled at the great dream about my brothers. I made me feel happy to know that my brothers had made it their mission to work hard and find me in space.

I sat up in bed and stretched my arms with a large yawn.

I uncovered myself from the blankets and swt my feet on the cold floor. I walked over to the full length mirror and smiled again at the pajamas I was given yesterday.

Allura was kind enough to give me full access to the large amounts of fabrics she had to make my own clothes. That included pajamas.

It was a simple pair of black plaid shorts and a black t-shirt with a butterfly on it.

I took a quick shower and changed into normal clothes. I was reaching for my mask, when I recalled the events from yesterday.

I knew that I had shown my face to the others, but I grabbed my mask and put it in one of my many hidden pockets in my cloak.

I grabbed my daggers, placed them in their attachable holsters all over my cloak and legs, then headed to the training hall to get a good workout in before we took off for space.

I walked in, slid ome dagger into my hand from my left sleeve and grabbed another from my arm dagger holsters.

"Begin training sequence." I said to the room.

"Select training level." The robotic voice said.

"Training level 10."

A fighter drone jumped down from the ceiling and attacked.