Killer Cube

Pidge flew us back to the forest, landing near the other lions.

I grabbed Lubos by the collar, dragged him out of the lion then threw him forcibly to the ground.

The Olkari stared in shock as I threw their leader to the ground where he shook in fear and his eyes holding a look of regret.

Keith placed a hand on my shoulder as I watched the Olkari stare at their leader in confusion.

"What's going on?" Ryner asked.

"While your countrymen starve, King Lubos was well taken care of by the Galra. He willingly helped them build that cube, willingly helped the enslave his own people." Shiro explained, shocking the Olkari even further.

They stared at their king in both and betrayal.

I took a deep breath and walked up to Ryner, placing my hand on her shoulder in comfort.

"I understand you're devastated about this, but it's time to be strong and use your Olkari spirit to fight alongside Voltron and take back your planet!" I said.

Ryner looked at me, then towards Lubos.

"Lubos, how could you?" She asked.

"I... I was only trying to--"

"Enough!" Ryner interrupted, "We must free our people!"

The Olkari cheered and ran to ready themselves for battle.

The paladins gathered around and told their plan. Mostly, it was to form Voltron and fight the cube.

"Phoenix, do you want to come with?" Keith asked. I shook my head.

"There's not much I can do in the lions. I'll stay down here and help the grounded fight." I said.

He nodded, but his eyes showed... disappointment?

I shook my head again, ridding those thoughts as I stood by Ryner and watched the lions form Voltron.

As soon as Voltron was formed, they flew off. I switched on my ear piece to hear them speak as they fought.

Voltron formed it's shield and fired a laser at the cube, but it absorbed the attack and fired it back.

"Did it just absorb our lasers?" Pidge asked.

"We need to increase firepower! Hunk, use your blaster!" Shiro ordered.

Despite Pidge's protest, Hunk fired his blaster.

I gasped in shock when I saw the attacks fire back. Without a tick to waste, I ran to a tall tree and began climbing as high as I could.

Once I made it to the top, I got a clear shot of the cube. I pressed a few buttons on my bracelet, creating a portable scanner that was hooked up the Green Lion's data scanners.

A screen pulled up in front of me and showed me the schematics of the cube, then with a another button press, I sent it to Pidge.

"Pidge, I got a scan of the cube, this info should help." I said.

"Thanks, Phoenix, I got it. But, how did you--"

"Nevermind that now. Just focus on the battle." I dodged.

Hunk's blaster didn't have much of an effect on the cube, but instead the attack was fired back at them.

"It's giving back whatever we fire into it, like Coran's echo cube." Shiro said.

"That's what I was tryimg to tell you guys! It's learning! Making its own versions of our weapons to use against us! It correlates with Phoenix's data." Pidge yelled.