The Black Paladin

Third person POV~~~~

Riding in the Green Lion, the others rushed back to the Castle to come up with a plan.

"Pidge, scan the download from the ship. Find out where Zarkon's central command is." Shiro ordered as they rushed onto the bridge.

"On it!" Pidge replied as she did as ordered.

Coran, who watched the group worryingly, noticed that the group was missing two members.

"What happened? Where's Allura and Solaris?" He asked frantically.

"They captured them. Allura sacrificed herself to save me and the information, anf Phoenix sacrificed herself to save the rest of the group. We didn't have a choice." Shiro answered.

"How is that possible?" Coran asked.

"Coran, I'm soery things didn't go as planned, but we can't focus on what went wrong. We've got to figure out how to make it right. Pidge, anything?"

"Guys, look at this." Pidge gestured to the larger screen in front of the group. It was a plan of Zarkon's central command ship.

"Look at the size of it!" Coran gasped, staring at the ship plans.

"I think we should go in right away." Pidge suggested, "Every minute we waste gives Zarkon time to prepare for us."

"I agree. We form Voltron, fly in, fly out, dust off our hands, and walk away." Lance said nonchalantly.

"Um, do you guys not remember the Balmera?" Hunk asked, "We could barely take out one fleet. But this... a base this size coyld hold a thousand fleets!"

"Or maybe we shouldn't go on this mission at all." Keith said, thinking mostly about Phoenix, "Think about it. We'll be delivering the universe's only hope to the universe's biggest enemy."

Everyone stared at the red paladin in shock.

"Keith, that's cold, even for you." Hunk said, "What if it was one of us? What if it was me? You wouldn't leave me, would you? Would you?"

Keith looked down and away from his teammates, "I'm not saying I like the idea. I'm just thinking like a paladin."

"No, you're thinking of yourself because you're too scared to do what's right!" Lance accused, "Have you forgotten that Allura is the only one who can fly this ship? Not to mention that Phoenix is your long lost childhood friend? Are you really gonna leave them like that?!"

"Okay, we're all upset because we lost Allura and Phoenix." Pidge said.

"No, Shiro lost Allura, and Keith lost Solaris!" Coran yelled.

"Okay, okay! This isn't helping." Hunk said, "We can't just sit here and bicker like this."

Shiro sighed, calming himself down, "Let's focus. How are we going to get Allura and Phoenix?"

Phoenix POV~~~~~~~~

I sat next to Allura on the Galra cruiser taking us straight to Zarkon's central command. It was a place I was never happy to come back to.

I admired Allura for her bravery, putting the mission before herself, but it was also kind of stupid for her to do so.

But that was the last thing on my mind. My thoughts were filled with Keith's shocked face when he saw the mark on my right arm.

I had always had a feeling about him, now, it's becoming clearer to me.

A Galra soldier stood in front of me and chuckled.