Chapter Four

I threw my phone charger into my bag before zipping it shut and lifting it off the bed and onto my shoulder. The three of us were going to London for four days. We were heading down today and coming back on Tuesday afternoon. We wanted a break so we’d booked two days off work.

I put my smaller bag on my spare shoulder before heading out into the hall where Faye and Anna were waiting for me. Anna was leaning against the front door, spinning her key ring around her index finger. Faye’s eyes were fixed on her phone screen as she tapped away on it. “Finally,” Anna said, throwing her hands up in the air as she saw me. I stuck my tongue out at her as the three of us left the flat. I got into the awaiting taxi first, shortly followed by Anna then Faye.

We were soon on the train down to London and I could barely contain my excitement. I was texting James on the way down, asking him what he was doing today but didn’t give anything away. He was excited about tonight and I kept sending text messages like 'wish I was there'.

The train arrived at our destination and the three of us departed. Anna, Faye and I got into a taxi and headed to the hotel we were going to be staying in.

The tall building stood ahead of us and I stared up at it in awe. Faye nudged me and I picked up some of the bags while Anna went to check us in. Our hotel room was luxurious. There were two king-sized beds with spotless, white sheets on. The walls were green and all the furniture was oak. I dumped my bags on one of the beds and turned to look at the girls. "Dibs!" Faye shouted as she launched herself onto the other bed which meant I was sharing with Anna. It was 6pm so I decided to start getting ready for tonight.

After much pondering I settled on a black, strappy skater dress and black, heeled boots. I left my hair down and put on some light makeup. Once the three of us were ready we left the hotel and headed to Wembley which was just round the corner. We quickly made our way to our allocated seats and sat down. I sent James a text saying 'good luck' before putting my phone away.

The band who had now named themselves Stereo Kicks were on eighth and I jumped out of my seat as soon as I saw James. Of course I knew he couldn't see me but I was excited to see him. They all gave an amazing performance and I was so proud.

When the performance was over I sent James a text message with a picture of me, Faye and Anna. Great performance! Five minutes later my phone started ringing. I rushed out of the stadium to somewhere quieter and answered the call.

"You're here?!" James almost shouted and I giggled excitedly. "I am," I replied. I could hear the smile in his voice. "Okay, come round the back. I’ll see you in a few minutes," he told me then hung up. I looked around the area I was stood, trying to figure out how to find the back door. I headed out of the main doors, smiling at a security guard.

I walked round the stadium, looking out for a back door. There were a few girls stood at a metal fence, excitedly shouting at someone. I walked over to them, nervously biting my lip as I tried to see round them. All I could see was the top of a brown-haired quiff. “James!” a girl shouted, revealing who the brown quiff belonged to.

No matter where I placed myself, I just couldn’t see him. I took my phone out of my pocket and called his phone. “One minute,” I heard James say before he said, “Hello.” And I heard him in my ear. “I’m behind this crowd of girls,” I told him and a few of them turned to look at me. “Okay, I’ll come round,” he replied then hung up.

James came into view as he walked away from the crowd of girls and towards the security guard who let him out. His eyes landed on me and he grinned. The crowd of girls started heading towards him but I beat them as I ran towards him and jumped into his arms, wrapping my legs around his waist. I nuzzled my face into his shoulder as he held me against him. He smelt amazing.

When James finally put me down he said, “It’s so good to see you.” I smiled as he beamed at me. The crowd of girls were now stood around us and James was suddenly aware of that. “The other lads will come out soon,” he told them, taking my hand and leading me to the other side of the fence. He waved to the crowd of girls with his spare hand before heading inside.

James’ pace slowed when we were inside. He still held my hand in his as we walked along the hall which was full of various different people, X Factor contestants and producers. James came to a stop outside a room which had a laminated bit of paper stuck to the door which read Stereo Kicks.

“Just ignore anything the lads say about me,” he told me, letting go of my hand and rubbing the back of his neck. He laughed nervously before opening the door. He poked his head round it and I heard him say, “Is everyone decent?” I heard a chorus of ‘yes’s before James opened the door further and allowed me to enter.

Seven pairs of eyes that belonged to James’ band members were now on me. “This is, uh, Jasmine,” James introduced me. I gave them a little wave and a smile before Jake stood up and pulled me into a hug. "It's good to finally meet you," he told me. "James hasn't shut up about you," Chris said, hugging me after Jake. “I’m C-,” he started but I beat him to it, “Chris. I already know all your names,” I told them. Casey grinned and stood up, pulling me into the hug. “Casey, the hot one,” I said and he laughed. “I like her already,” he told James.

My phone buzzed away in my pocket and I took it out to see Anna calling me. “Hello,” I spoke as I answered the phone, fully aware of the eight people watching me. “Where are you?” she asked me. “I’m with James. I’ll meet you back at the hotel later on,” I told her. I heard her sigh but then she agreed before saying goodbye and hanging up. James looked at me questioningly. “Anna,” I told him and he gave me a look that said ‘ah’.

“We have about an hour before we have to go back on for the end of the show. But then we can do whatever,” James explained and I nodded. “Sounds good,” I smiled.