Chapter Nine

I was stood outside Topshop waiting for Anna and Faye. We’d decided to make the most of our time in London with a shopping trip. James still hadn’t called me. I just assumed he was busy. I looked around at the various shops around me. There was a group of girls stood outside River Island laughing. One of them looked at me and nodded towards me as she was talking. The others looked over at me then turned back around and nodded at her.

“We couldn’t find anything,” Faye told me as she came out of Topshop with Anna. “Oh,” I replied, still watching the girls who kept looking over at me. “Hey,” Anna said as she nudged my arm, “They’ve probably just seen you with James or something.” I shrugged just as my phone started buzzing in my pocket. James’ face was flashing on my screen as I took it out of my pocket.

“Hello,” I sang as I answered the call. “Hi, are you alright?” James asked. “Yeah, I’m fine. Are you?”

“Yeah, thanks. I’ll meet you at your hotel in an hour,” he told me. “Where are we going?” I questioned. I could hear the smile in his voice as he said, “Wait and see.” Then the call ended.

“Uh…James is meeting me at the hotel in an hour,” I told Anna and Faye. “Alright, we’ll head back soon then. Can we just grab a coffee?” Faye replied and I nodded. The three of us headed towards a nearby Starbucks.

“I wonder who they’re crowding round,” Anna said, looking out the window as we stood in the queue inside Starbucks. I followed her gaze to see about ten girls crowding round someone. A few of them were the ones who had been looking at me earlier. “I’ll be right back,” I told Anna. I left Starbucks and headed over to the crowd. As soon as I heard the familiar voice I knew exactly who was in the middle of the crowd.

“Y’alright?” I heard Reece ask. He had now come into view and was looking right at me. “Yeah, what are you doing here?” I asked him and Charlie. I had assumed the boys were still at rehearsals for a little bit longer. “We’ve just finished for the day. So we came shopping,” Reece told me. “Okay. Uh…we’re just grabbing a coffee if you want to join us,” I suggested to both Reece and Charlie. They both agreed and the three of us went into Starbucks.

Reece and Charlie told Anna and Faye their order before the three of us sat down at a table. “So have you had a good day?” I asked and they both nodded. “Next Monday we’re all allowed to go home to see our families and friends,” Reece told me. “That’s awesome. Bet you’re excited,” I replied and they both nodded.

Faye and Anna came over to the table with our order and sat down. I checked the time. I had about three quarters of an hour until I was meeting James. But I wanted to get changed and washed before then. “Listen, I need to get back to the hotel so I’ll see you all later,” I told the four of them. “I’ll come with you,” Reece said, standing up, “Charlie, I’ll meet you back at their hotel.” Charlie nodded in agreement and Reece and I took our drinks and left Starbucks.

“So tell me about this whole experience, being on the X Factor,” I said as Reece and I headed up the street. “It’s amazing. I never even thought something like this would happen to me. I mean, I’ve always wanted to sing but this is incredible,” he told me, taking a sip of his drink. “How are you coping with all the female attention?” I asked and wiggled my eyebrows. Reece laughed as I stuck my arm out to attract the attention of a taxi. “It’s alright. I guess I can manage,” he replied and smirked at me. A taxi pulled up in front of us and we got inside. I gave the driver the address of the hotel then we headed back.

“Do you know what James is planning?” I asked Reece as we headed up to my hotel room. “I do,” he replied. I looked at him expectantly as I took my room key out of my pocket. “I’m not going to tell you,” he said and grinned. “But how will I know what to wear?” I questioned as I opened the room door. Reece came into the room and I shut the door behind us. “I’ll tell you if your outfit is alright or not,” he told me and I dramatically sighed before pulling my bag out from under one of the beds.

“Should I wear a dress?” I asked, digging through my back. “I think that’d be a bit too much,” he replied. “A skirt? Jeans? Converse? Wedges? Boots?” I questioned. “Uh…maybe jeans and boots,” he suggested sounded a little unsure. I took a pair of skinny jeans and a red top out of my bag and grabbed the black, heeled boots I’d worn on Saturday night. I went into the bathroom to get changed.

When I returned Reece was sat on one of the beds, eyes glued to his phone. I cleared my throat causing him to look up at me. “Will this do?” I asked him. I’d put on some eyeliner and lip gloss and taken my hair down. “Perfect,” he told me and I grinned.

I had twenty minutes left until James got here. “Take a selfie with me,” Reece said, standing up and stepping towards me. I stood next to him and pulled a weird face. “Gorgeous,” he laughed and showed me the picture. I chuckled and grabbed my phone. We took a selfie on my phone and I put it on Instagram.

After much giggling and banter, the two of us headed down to the lobby. I put on my jacket just as we reached the bottom of the stairs. James was sat on one of the sofas waiting for me. “What you doing here?” James asked Reece as we reached the sofas. “She wanted help with her outfit,” Reece replied. I didn’t actually know why Reece had come back to the hotel with me. James looked me up and down and smiled, “You look beautiful.”

Charlie, Faye and Anna arrived at the hotel just as James gave me a hug. “We’ll see you later then,” James said to Reece, Charlie, Faye and Anna. James took my hand and we headed towards the door. “Wait.” I let go of James’ hand and walked back over to Reece. “Thanks,” I whispered and hugged him. “No problem,” he replied as I let go of him. I went back over to James who raised his eyebrows. I didn’t reply, I just left the hotel with him.

“Check out the sexy pictures of you earlier,” James said showing me his phone once we were in a taxi. There were pictures of me on the phone and pictures of me with Reece and Charlie. “You’ve been spotted,” he laughed. “What? Are they on Twitter?” I asked worriedly. “Yeah but it’s fine. Don’t worry about it,” he told me, kissing the back of my hand.