Chapter Thirteen

A/N: Here's an update while I'm waiting for Casey to call me!

James and I were laid on the sofa when Faye and Anna got home from work. I was almost asleep. “Aw, aren’t you two cute,” Anna commented as she came into the living room. “OTP,” Faye shouted, “Oh, I have KFC.” I suddenly sprung to life and sat up, pushing James off the sofa. “KFC!” I shouted and jumped over James who was laid on the floor. I ran into the kitchen and slid over to the counter next to Faye. “Hey,” I sang and grinned at her. She shook her head and laughed. I grabbed some plates from the cupboard and set them on the table.

“James, do you want a beer?” I asked, poking my head into the living room. He had just got up from the floor. “Sure,” he replied and followed me back into the kitchen. I grabbed two beers out of the fridge and got two wine glasses for Faye and Anna. They preferred wine.

James and I sat down at the table as Faye brought over the food. Anna joined us and we all tucked in. “So how long are you here for?” Faye asked James. “Just until tomorrow morning,” he replied.

“I need to document this moment,” I announced, taking my phone out of my pocket. I took a picture of the four of us then James did the same with his phone. “You two are mad,” Anna said and I grinned. My phone buzzed and I opened up the Twitter app. I started popping my lip as I read the tweet, ‘Meal with the pals’. I retweeted James’s tweet just before a cushion was launched at my head.

“Stop doing that!” Faye shouted referring to the irritating popping noise I was making with my lip. James laughed as I picked up the cushion and glared at Faye.

When we’d eaten, James and I went into my bedroom. “Ayyye!” Faye shouted as I shut my bedroom door. I chuckled and sat down on my bed. James looked through my CDs and books. “Interesting collection,” he commented. I grinned and stood up, walking towards him. I took his hand in mine and walked backwards to the bed. My fingers locked with his and he kissed me. “Babe,” I breathed as I fell back onto the bed, pulling him with me.

“Don’t go tomorrow,” I whispered as he kissed my jaw. “I have to,” he replied and I sat up. “Babe, we’ve only been together a few weeks and this distance thing is getting hard already,” I explained. James sighed and took my hand in his. “Come to London with me,” he said. I stared at him for a moment trying to work out if he was joking or not. “I have to work,” I replied. “Quit your job,” he told me. “Don’t be stupid,” I said.

“I mean it. You can stay in the X Factor house. We’ll make it work,” James told me. I looked down at his hand holding mine. “We’ve been together for a few weeks. What if we had an argument or something?” I asked. “The boys will be there for you too,” he answered. “James, I’ve had that job for over a year now. What if we break up and I move back up here?” I questioned. “There are other jobs.” I got up from the bed and ran my hands through my hair. “I’ll think about it,” I told him. He smiled and took my hand, pulling me back onto the bed.

“You should stop caring so much. Just see where life takes you,” James whispered, placing his fingers below my chin and tilting my head up to look at him. “Smile,” he said quietly. I did as he asked and he kissed me. Oh, how I wanted to move to London with him. I wanted to fall in love with him. I wanted to be infatuated with every piece of him. He was the only thing that kept me going when it felt like the world was against me.

James pulled away from me and smiled. “You’re so beautiful,” he whispered. I kissed his cheek before getting up from the bed and grabbing some pyjamas. “I’ll be back shortly,” I told him as I left the bedroom. On my way to the bathroom I unfortunately bumped into Faye. “How’s it going?” she asked, smirking and wiggling her eyebrows. I rolled my eyes and went into the bathroom without giving her a reply.

Once I’d changed I returned to my bedroom, making sure I didn’t catch Faye or Anna on the way. James had gotten changed and was laid on my bed, eyes glued to his phone. “Having fun?” I asked as I put my clothes in the washing basket. “Of course,” he replied and put his phone on my bedside table. “I’m all yours,” he said as I walked towards him. I laid down on the bed beside him, pulling the duvet over myself. “I’ll warn you now, I’m quite protective of my duvet,” I told him and he laughed. “Excellent.” He put his arms around me, pulling me closer. “Goodnight, Gorgeous.”