Chapter Eighteen

Barclay, Chris, Jake and I got out of the taxi. “You should’ve brought a coat,” Barclay told me as I pulled my sleeves down so they were covering my hands. “I don’t have one,” I replied. “You could’ve borrowed James’,” he said. I looked up at Barclay and gave him a guilty look. “But we can buy you one,” he added with a smile.

The four of us went inside one of the first shops we saw. I wasn’t really sure of what I should do so I just followed Barclay round the shop. He stopped walking and turned to look at me with a smile on his face. He slung his arm around my shoulders and said, “Let’s find you a coat then.”

Barclay and I looked through various racks of different coats until I finally found one I liked. “How much?” Barclay asked, admiring the look of me in it. “£75,” I replied and bit my lip before immediately taking it off. “I’ll get it,” Barclay said, taking the coat from me. I shook my head. “No, you can’t.” Jake and Chris joined us with a few garments in their arms. “What’s up?” Jake asked, looking between the two of us.

“He wants to buy the coat but it’s £75 and that’s too expensive,” I told Jake who shrugged. “We’ll split it,” he said, smiling at Barclay. I felt horribly guilty as Jake and Barclay went to the till to pay. I looked at Chris who grinned. “Call it a welcome present,” he told me before following after them. I was extremely frustrated with the three of them. But like I said, I was easily frustrated.

When they’d paid we left the shop and Barclay handed me the coat. “Enjoy,” he told me, making me smile. I put the coat on then gave Barclay a hug. “Thank you,” I sang then gave Jake and Chris a hug too.

We continued walked through the street of various shops before some fans spotted the lads. They all got pictures and spoke to the boys for a while before one of them noticed me and asked, “Are you James’ girlfriend?”

I didn’t know how to reply to the question and I didn’t have James with me to answer it. Luckily, Chris answered her for me. “She is. And they’re very happy.” The girls all smiled at me as if Chris’ input had put their minds at ease. “We’ve seen loads of pictures of you with the lads, especially James. You two look great together,” one of the girls told me and I smiled. “Thank you,” I replied. “What’s your name?” the same girl asked me. “Jasmine,” I answered.

The girls spoke to us for a little while longer before the boys told them we had to get going. So they said their goodbyes and left. Chris threw his arm around me and said, “Super cute.” I stuck my tongue out at him and he laughed.

When the boys had been in a few more shops and I’d bought a large jar of Nutella, the four of us decided to head back to the house. The lads had to go to the studio this afternoon and fortunately, I was allowed to go with them.

As soon as we got back to the house I went on a hunt for James. I found him in the garden on the phone to someone. “Love you too, Mum,” he said before hanging up. He turned around to see me stood on the opposite side of the glass door. I stuck my tongue out at him and he pulled open the door. “Nice coat,” he told me before kissing me. “Thanks. It was a welcome present from the three musketeers,” I replied. “Sweet.”

Everyone had some lunch before the cars arrived to take us to the studio. After James had checked I was warm enough, we all piled into the two cars and set off to the studio.

“So what’s the song for this week?” I asked as we got out of the car. “Let It Be and Hey Jude,” James replied, taking my hand in his. I tried to imagine them singing the song but couldn’t. I was excited to see what they were going to do with it.

We all went inside the studios and the boys were directed towards the stage so I was left sitting in front of the stage. I watched as they did a run through their performance and adjusted the staging. I knew they’d kill it tomorrow night.

James kept making faces at me causing me to laugh. When he finally came off the stage, he ran over to me, wrapped his arms around me and swung me round. I giggled as he put me down and kissed me. “You two need to stop being so cute,” Casey told us. James’ hands were resting on my waist and one of my hands was on his chest, the other on his shoulder. We looked at the boys to see that Chris was taking pictures of us. I stuck my middle finger up at him and he laughed.

“Right, let’s go,” Tom piped up, still smirking. “Piggyback time!” James shouted as he turned around and bent down slightly. I jumped onto his back and he put his hands under my legs. We all left the studio and the lads started talking to fans. James refused to put me down so all the fans’ pictures had both me and James in them.

When we got into the car, James said, “Wear something fancy tomorrow. You’re meeting my family.” I stared at him for a moment before saying, “Uh…okay.” He put his arm around me and kissed my cheek. “They will love you.”

A/N: I'd just like to say a big thank you to all of you for getting Linked to 10k in such a short time. You're all excellent! Stay fab.