Chapter Seventeen

I wasn’t sure why I had woken up at 4am. It could’ve been the cold. Although you’d expect a room full of boys to be quite warm, my body temperature was still low. The hot water bottle had cooled down so I carefully untangled myself from James and slipped out of the bedroom, grabbing one of James’ t-shirts to put on.

The house was almost silent apart from a few snores coming from various different bedrooms. But when I got downstairs the only thing that could be heard was the television. I walked past the living room without looking in to see who was awake at this time.

I switched the kettle on and placed the cooling water bottle on the side. It was freezing in the kitchen and I wasn’t exactly wearing very much clothing. The kettle took its time as I stared at it, rubbing my arms to try and warm myself.

When the kettle finally boiled, I filled up the hot water bottle after emptying it and screwed the top on. I held it against my body and shivered as I headed out of the kitchen. On my way past the living room I saw that it was Reece who was laid on the sofa. I stopped walking and stepped inside the room. “What are you doing up?” I asked, glancing at the TV then back at him.

“Couldn’t sleep. You feeling any better?” Reece questioned. “A bit. Still freezing though,” I replied. Reece chuckled. “Well, I’m not surprised. You’re hardly wearing anything.” I smiled and he sat up, patting the sofa beside him. I didn’t want to wake James so I decided to join Reece on the sofa. He put his arm around me and I pulled some of his duvet over my body. “Oh yes! Love a bit of SpongeBob,” I told Reece as I looked at the TV. With the hot water bottle resting against my stomach, it wasn’t long before I fell asleep beside Reece, his arm still around me.

I was woken up by the sound of James’ voice. “Jasmine!” he shouted. My eyes shot open to see him stood in front of the sofa. “You’re meant to be upstairs resting…with me,” he told me. I sat up and Reece’s arm moved away from me. He was now awake too. “I woke up really early and didn’t want to wake you,” I replied, standing up. James’ eyes widened as he saw the lack of clothing on my body.

“You’re half naked,” he pointed out and I nodded. “Mate, stop making such a big deal out of it,” Reece told James. James glared at him then said, “She’s my girl.” The he stormed out of the room with me following close behind.

“James,” I spoke, grabbing his hand as he began his ascent up the stairs. He turned around and was about to say something but I kissed him. He smiled against my lips and lifted me up. I wrapped my legs around his waist as he slowly carried me upstairs, his lips still connected with mine.

James stopped outside the bedroom door and put me down. “I’ll grab your clothes then go into the bathroom to get dressed, okay?” James spoke and I nodded. He opened the bedroom door and slipped inside the room. I heard the grumbling and moaning of the other lads before James reappeared with my clothes.

“Thanks, Babe.” I took them from him and went inside the bathroom, locking the door behind me. I let out a long frustrated sigh as I looked in the mirror. James’ lack of trust bothered me. Maybe I should stay away from Reece for a while until I’d one-hundred-percent earned James’ trust.

I took James’ t-shirt off and changed into the clothes James had got out of my suitcase. Surprisingly, he’d chosen a nice outfit. I brushed my teeth, washed my face, sorted out my hair and went to the toilet before washing my hands and leaving the bathroom.

When I got downstairs, James and Barclay were in the kitchen. I sat down on one of the stools and James placed a plate of Nutella covered toast and a cup of tea in front of me. He kissed me on the cheek and I smiled. “Have you warmed up yet?” Barclay asked me and I nodded. “Just about.”

“I’m off to do a bit of shopping with Jake and Chris later if you want to go,” Barclay told me. I looked at James who said, “I’m staying here. You should go though.” I smiled and Barclay and nodded. “Sounds good.”

I finished my breakfast and went upstairs to grab some stuff from my suitcase. I’d unpack later. The rest of the lads were mostly dressed. Casey was still asleep. I grabbed my phone and purse before going downstairs.

James, Jake, Chris and Barclay were all in the kitchen waiting for me. “Ready?” Chris asked and I nodded. “Have fun,” James told me and kissed me. “I will,” I replied before following Barclay, Chris and Jake out of the kitchen. Reece was sat in the living room and he smiled at me as I made eye contact. I returned it before leaving the house with the three lads.