Chapter Twenty Two

James and I arrived in Essex on Wednesday evening and I was struggling to contain my excitement for Christmas. His family had gone out for the evening which left the two of us alone in the house. “Your room is cute,” I told James as I looked over the various pieces of Manchester United merchandise. “You’re cute,” he replied and pulled me over to his bed.

James kissed me and I smiled against his lips. I felt his hands on my hips and I knew that this was it. There was no avoiding it this time. James put his arm around me and slowly laid me down on the bed. One of his hands moved down to the top of my jeans. I could feel his fingers fiddling with the button on my jeans. I took his hands in mine, pulling them away from my jeans and looked up at him. “Are you sure?” he asked me and I bit my lip before nodding.

I sat up and shakily placed my hand on James’ cheek and kissed him. He took my hand in his, locking our fingers together. “Don’t be so nervous,” he whispered and smirked. “I-I’m sorry. I just,” I stuttered. James let go of my hand and took hold of the bottom of my t-shirt. He lifted it up and threw it on the floor while winking at me.

“You’re beautiful,” James told me as he pulled off his own t-shirt. He kissed me and moved my hair off my neck, allowing it to fall onto my back. James left a trail of kisses along my jaw and neck then stopped at the mark he’d left last week. He lightly kissed it and I winced as it was still slightly sore.

James pulled away and winked at me before kissing my shoulder and sucking on the skin. Once he’d left his next mark on my shoulder, he kissed my lips. He stood me up and unbuttoned my jeans before pulling them down. I held onto his shoulders for support as I stepped out of them. He then took his own jeans off before pulling me close to his body. I was still shaking and I could feel the nerves in my stomach.

I sat down on the bed and James opened the drawer of the bedside table and took out a piece of plastic. He held it in between his index and middle finger and smirked at me. It was a condom.

My stomach flipped and I became even shakier as James laid me down on his bed. I felt his fingers hook under my knickers and slide them down my legs.

***

James and I were laid in his bed, his arm around me and my head resting on his chest. “How was that?” he asked me. I stayed silent for a moment as my mind went over what had just happened. “Uh…Okay. I was nervous.” James kissed my forehead. “You did really well,” he whispered.

My phone buzzed in the pocket of my jeans and I sighed before rolling out of bed. I grabbed some clean knickers and pulled them on before putting my bra on. I took my phone out of the pocket of my scrunched up jeans on James’ bedroom floor. I had three missed calls from Reece and a text that read ‘Call asap!’

I tapped the call button beside Reece’s name and put the phone to my ear. It rang twice before he picked up. “What’s up?” I asked him. “How soon can you get up here?” he questioned. “Uh…well, we’re not coming up until tomorrow,” I replied. “I need you to come up as soon as you can,” he told me. “Reece, what’s going on?” I asked him, annoyed at his demand. “Just please…come up tonight.” Then he hung up. The urgency in his tone worried me.

“What’s up?” James asked me as I ran my hands through my hair. I sighed and rubbed the back of my neck. “I have to go,” I replied. I picked up my jeans and pulled them on. James sat up and frowned. “What do you mean? What did Reece want?” he asked. I buttoned up my jeans before pulling my t-shirt on. “I don’t know. But it sounded urgent,” I answered, not making eye contact.

Once I’d sorted everything out, I turned to look at James who was now fully clothed and sat on his bed. “Can’t you wait until tomorrow?” he enquired. I shook my head, “No.” James sighed then said, “Why did he call you? Surely if it’s urgent he would’ve called me or one of the lads.” I shut my eyes for a second, knowing there was an argument coming. “I don’t know, James. But he obviously needs me,” I replied, pulling my coat on. “Is there something going on between you two?” he questioned and I glared at him. “Good to know you trust me,” I said sarcastically. “You didn’t answer the question,” he told me. I rolled my eyes and turned away from him but he grabbed my arm. “I want to trust you,” he spoke. That pissed me off. “You should trust me already!” I shouted, “You’re supposed to love me.”

“I do love you.” But I shook my head. “If you really loved me you wouldn’t make assumptions like that,” I told him. “Don’t go, Jasmine.” I yanked my arm out of his hold before pulling my suitcase out of his room and opening the front door. I didn’t say another word as I left.