Chapter Twenty

James and I had been together for over two months now. Living in the X Factor house meant it was easy to avoid intimacy with James. I was a virgin. We’d talked about sex a few times but I always found an excuse when it actually came down to the possibility of doing it. But now I was ready, I think.

It was Monday night and I was on my way back from the shops with Reece. I was wearing jeans, boots, a long-sleeved, cotton shirt and a beanie along with my coat. I had a few bags on one arm and my handbag on the other arm. I was used to the media taking pictures of me with the boys now so it didn’t bother me too much when we walked onto a street where there were a few photographers. “What time is it?” I asked Reece who then checked his phone and replied, “Nine.”

It was dark out and I had to keep gripping onto Reece’s arm to avoid slipping on the ice. “So I’ve got everyone’s presents now. But I feel like I need to get James something else,” I told Reece. “What do you have in mind?” he asked as the snow started to fall once again. I put my hood up and replied, “It’s kind of personal.” Reece smirked meaning he knew what I meant. “Just don’t feel like you have to,” he told me and I nodded.

When we got back to the house the boys were all in the living room. It was just a few days away from the final of the X Factor and they were working so hard. I was so proud of each and every one of them. “Who wants a hot chocolate?” I asked the lads when I’d taken off my coat, beanie and boots. Everyone replied with ‘me’. So I went into the kitchen followed by Reece.

Reece put nine mugs on the counter while I got the milk out of the fridge and poured it into a pan. “Are you sure you’re ready?” Reece asked me as I put the lid back on the milk carton. “Who is ever sure if they’re ready?” I replied, grabbing the hot chocolate powder. He nodded in agreement as I turned the gas on. “It’s the right time,” I said. I finished making the hot chocolate and poured it into the nine mugs before shouting, “Hot chocolate’s ready!”

The rest of the lads came running into the kitchen and picked up a mug each before sitting down around the room. James leant against the counter and pulled me closer to him. “How many days is it now?” he asked. “Eight,” I replied excitedly. He knew that I couldn’t wait for Christmas. “You’re going to love your present,” James told me. I smiled and replied, “Good.”

Later on the lads went to rehearse while I went to wrap up Christmas presents. I made sure to put ribbon on each of the gifts when I’d wrapped them up. I wrote cute messages on each of the gift tags too before putting them in a box under Barclay’s bed. We were all going back home for Christmas. I was going to Essex with James on Christmas Eve then we were driving up to Yorkshire on Christmas day afternoon, providing that the weather allowed us to. But we were all spending Monday and Tuesday in the X Factor house.

“Babe, I’m off to bed,” James told me as he came into the bedroom. I checked my watch to see that it was almost midnight. “Me too,” I replied, standing up. I grabbed my pyjamas from James’ bunk before heading towards the door. James grabbed my waist and spun me around before I made it out of the bedroom. “Who needs pyjamas? I can keep you warm,” he whispered and I chuckled. “Sexy,” I replied. James took my pyjamas out of my hands and threw them behind him. “Five minutes,” he said before releasing me.

I went into the bathroom and looked in the mirror. I looked exhausted. My hair was all over the place and my makeup was a mess. I grabbed some makeup wipes and got to work on my face. A few minutes later I’d fixed my hair and my face. I went back into the bedroom to find James stood at the end of the bunk bed. He was wearing just his boxers.

“I’ll meet you up there,” he told me and winked before climbing up to the top bunk. I took off my socks, jeans and t-shirt before following after James. I laid down beside him and he pulled the duvet over the two of us.

“James?” I whispered after a few minutes of silence. He hummed in response. “I love you,” I spoke quietly then felt his lips on my shoulder. “I love you too.” He continued to kiss over my shoulder then my neck. He sucked on the skin for a few minutes before pulling away. My fingers traced over the sore skin and I winced. “Thanks,” I said sarcastically. He had a habit of leaving hickeys around my neck and shoulders. “You’re welcome, Gorgeous.”