Chapter three

I contemplated for a while thinking about what that girl said. Should I even go to this party? I'll know no one there. But if I do go I'll have a chance to be someone else. To do something out of what nerdy Maya would do. It's just a step closer to leaving who I was behind. I finally made a decision. I need to be a new me. Hopefully I won't embarrass myself too much though.
Finding a nice bathing suit wasn't easy. The options in my closet were not helping.
"Adondes vas?" Jocelyn says walking into my room.
"To a pool party sis. I'm actually shocked someone invited me somewhere." I wasn't used to getting asked places. No one in that school even talked to me. I was starting to think I had some invisibility powers last year.
"Pues vamos tengo algo que te puede poner."
She takes me to her room with Romeo Santos playing loudly on her speakers. *song in the media* She takes out a Tommy Hilfiger bathing suit from her drawer.
"Don't have sex in it and don't leave it anywhere or I'll cut your nipples off and that's on periodt."
I laugh at her stupid ass and thank her for the bathing suit.
"Why don't you come with me. I don't know anyone there. I'll at least have someone to talk to if you go."
"Is jiggy going to be there?"
She's had such a huge crush on him, he comes over all the time but his name is about all I know of him.
"I don't know but I bet he will." I say trying to be as convincing as possible. Honestly I didn't know if he was going to be there but I needed my sister with me.
She thinks for a minute then finally speaks.
"Who's party is this anyway?" She says raising an eyebrow.
"I don't know, I didn't ask her name but she kinda looked like that girl you hang out with. Jeana I think her name is."
"Oh I forgot she was throwing a party today, it's definitely hers. I'll start getting ready-"
As she was about to finish her sentence but her eyes goes down to my wrists.
"You still doing it sis? I thought you stopped"
Jocelyn says giving me a sad expression. I look at my wrist and see that the concealer I applied this morning was rubbing off and the dark harsh lines were now visible.
"I'm a week off that, I'm trying I really am.. I have to go change we can talk about it later."
I walk away to my room before she had the chance to say anything else, I quickly grab the concealer after closing the door. I squirt a drop of it on my arm and blend it in. I completely forgot about this. I guess it's a no for going in the pool.
I put the bathing suit away and throw on something random in my closet.

To be completely honest I look decent

-
Once we got there Jocelyn quickly went with Jiggy, leaving me to stand alone awkwardly.
"Oh my god you made it! I forgot to give you my address I thought you weren't going to show up." I looked at her more clearly this time and it was Jocelyn's friend.
"My sister found it."
"Well come here I wanna introduce you to some people."
She takes my hand and speed walks to a group of people by the pool. I knew three people there. One of them caught my eye though. It was Jabez, and my sister cuddled up to Jiggy.
"This is..." she says motioning to me to say my name.
"My names Mayalyn." I tried not to show my nervousness but the shaky ness in my voice was making it impossible.
"Well guys this is Mayalyn, Mayalyn this is Gaby, Jiggy, Jocelyn, Andre, and Jabez.
"Yeah that's my sister." Jocelyn says laughing as does everyone else.
"You guys are sisters? Wow I never knew. Oh and sorry I didn't introduce myself, I'm Jeana." She puts her hand out for me to shake and I do.
"Nice to meet you Jeana."
"If you stick with us long enough you'll turn into a permanent crackhead, just a heads up." Says Gaby.
I laugh and sit down next to them, dipping my feet into the pool. from the corner of my eye I see Jabez get up and sit next to me.
"I wanna apologize for what happened today in class. I didn't mean to offend yo-"
"It's fine really. I don't care. I mean, I am a nerd I just changed looks a little there's nothing wrong with that, at least not for me."
I looks at my nails and start to fidget with them.
"You're right, as long as you're happy with yourself you shouldn't care what others think." he says looking deeply into the water. From the tone of his voice I didn't know if he was telling me that or tthing to convince himself. After a few minutes of talking with Jabez I forgot everything around me. We made random jokes and made each other laugh at anything.
-
Devyns POV
"Devyn look who Jabez is with." Sam says sitting in the chair next to me.
I look over to where she's pointing and see Jabez laughing with that nerd.
"She really thinks she can just come out of nowhere with a new look and steal my man?"
"But didn't you guys break up, like 5 times this month..."
I roll my eyes at her and walk over to them.
"Come on Devyn stop." She says trying to grab on to my arm. Sam was strong but my want to hurt that girl was stronger.
I continue to walk over to her and think of a plan as I go. Then the perfect one pops into my head.
Once I'm close enough to her I make sure no ones looking before I push her into the pool.