Chapter thirteen

"Lets go take the test real quick. Just so we won't have to wait when we get home." Gaby says dragging me into the bathroom with her, literally..

"Hurry up they're waiting for us." I say getting paranoid. I hear pee then her pulling her pants back up, hoping she cleaned herself. She shortly came out of the stall.

"The box says wait five minutes for the results so by the time we get home we'll know." Gaby says taking a huge breath in.

"Gaby look," I say pulling her back, "Even if you are pregnant just know I'm here. Everyone is here for you. We're not going to judge." She gives me a hug.

"Thank you, I know we don't even know each other that much so that means a lot. I just don't want to ruin things with me and Andre. I love him and I wouldn't want to lose him. I mean I know he would be a good dad but what would he say at this age? Anyways other than me what's up with you and Jabez?" She asks switching the conversation.

"Come on we have to get to the food court before they think somethings sus." I say grabbing her hand and walking down the escalator to the food court.

We look around the food court but there was so many people I couldn't spot the rest of them. "What took y'all so long?" Andre says laughing behind us. We get spooked and jump. "Woah my bad." He starts laughing his ass off but all I notice is Jabez sitting at one of the tables with Devyn.

"We went to the dollar store to look around." Gaby says fast.

"What did y'all get?"

"We didn't see anything we liked." I say before Gaby could make it more suspicious. Dre nods and signals us to follow him towards the table where Devyn and Jabez is sitting. I was so focused on them that I didn't realize everyone else was there too.

"The munchkins are here." Dre says referring to us.

"Maya you good?" Jocelyn says.

"Yeah I'm fine." I look down at my hands remembering what happened yesterday.

"Have you talked to dad?" She must've read my mind.

"Um.. no not since yesterday."

"What actually happened Maya." She says leaning over the table a bit. We were sitting across from each other with Devyn on my side, unfortunately and at the edge of the table so no one heard us.

"Nothing Joce, I promise." She sighs and gives me that 'you'll tell me eventually' look. I look to my side and Devyns practically sitting on top of Jabez. They seem to be having a great time so I try and mind my business. I thought he actually liked me but I guess everyone was right, I'm just a girl he uses.

"How'd you get that much money?" Jocelyn asks, seeing the two hundred sticking out of my pocket. I remember that Jabez gave it to me a couple minutes ago when we got here.

"I was just holding it for Jabez." I say getting up and slightly throwing it on Jabez lap while I walk away to the bathroom.

Jabez's pov
I run away so that Maya wouldn't refuse the two hundred. She deserves it. She deserves the world to be completely honest.

"Let's go to the food court I'm hungry." Tommy says whining like a five year old.

"We just got here damn."

"And? I said I'm hungry." Tommy says with an attitude. And if I slap this boy right here I'd be wrong...

I text Maya so she won't get lost.

Me: we're at the food court so meet us there

"Hey stranger." I turn around and see Devyn and sigh.

"What do you want?"

"Just to talk. I miss you." She says sitting down next to me. Andre can't stand her so he got up to look for the girls.

"I don't, I like someone else I'm sorry." I try to back up but she pressed herself against me even more.

"The munchkins are here." Andre says presenting Gaby and Maya. I laugh but Maya just starts glaring at me. I thought she was starting to like me. I should get her jealous.

After a while I start to flirt back with Devyn and notice that Maya's looking straight at us. It's working. She suddenly gets up and throws the money I gave her in my lap and walks off.

Maya's pov
It's been hours and my feet started to hurt. I wanted to ask Jabez for a piggy back ride but he was too busy trying to get into Devyns pants. We were currently walking back to the car and everyone was making excuses to have Devyn leave.

"Girl just leave the fuck, take Jabez wit you if you want." Gaby says getting in the car. Devyn looks at us in reassurance that Gaby actually did pop off like that. I laugh and give Gaby a high five from the outside of the car.

We all head in the car and Dre takes everyone home to get another pair of clothes.

He drops me and Jocelyn off first which I didn't exactly like. I wasn't prepared to see my dad yet. Once I opened the house door I yelled out for my dad.

"PA ARE YOU HOME?"

"Bitch I'm right next to you shut the fuck up." Jocelyn says covering her ears. The fridge had a note so I open it and it said-

Dear girls,
I went with your mother to a restaurant to talk about some stuff, I left 40 dollars Incase you and your friends wanted to order out.

"Ew he said mother." I say dramatically. Jocelyn looks at me as if she was already tired of me. I smirk at her and she throws a pillow at me which starts a pillow fight. I finally lose my breath. "Imma go pack."

"Everyone's sleeping here I forgot to tell you." She says laughing.

"Oh that's why dad said- actually shut up."