Chapter five

"Maya! Maya!" I slowly open my eyes to see Jocelyn giving me a smirk.
"What?" As I tried to get up I noticed Jabez's tight grip on my waist also realizing why Jocelyn is smiling.

"It's not what you think."

"Mhm." She says smiling. "Just to let you know you should get Jabez up and out of here dad can wake up any minute."

"Right, damn I forgot. Did he tell you how his date was?"

"The girl didn't even show up, he spent the night at the bar. Don't worry about it sis just hurry up before he sees this." She says motioning to Jabez still on me then leaving.

"Jabez, Jabez get up you have to go." I try lightly shaking him and getting out of his grasp but he was too strong.

"Give me five more minutes." I look at the time 7:45.

"No Jabez we're late to school."

"So we can skip today." He says nuzzling his face into my back.

"What can I do to make you get up." I say plopping my head back.

"Give me a kiss." He says poking out his lips dramatically. The sight made me laugh. I didn't know if he was serious though. "Fine." He says giving up. "Get ready I can take you to school. Imma go home and change then I'll come get you."

He left through the window before I could decline his offer.

-

I get dressed into:

•text messages•??: are you ready? Maya: who's this? ??: JabezMaya: howd you get my number 🤔Jabez: jiggy asked Jocelyn for me😊Jabez: are you ready? I'm outsideMaya: yeah I'll be out in a minute

•text messages•
??: are you ready?
Maya: who's this?
??: Jabez
Maya: howd you get my number 🤔
Jabez: jiggy asked Jocelyn for me😊
Jabez: are you ready? I'm outside
Maya: yeah I'll be out in a minute.

I quickly take the concealer from my dresser. There was nothing left in the little tube. Fuck..

Jabez: Hurry up I wanna get us Dunkin before we go to prison, I mean school🤣

I grab my book bag off of my bed and rush downstairs. The one day I wanna wear a short sleeve is the day I have nothing to cover my scars with. Its bad enough I have to deal with the talking about me getting pushed into the pool at school, I'm really not trying to add to it.

"Hey gorgeous." Jabez says as I get in the car. He didn't notice I was blushing because of my hair blocking the side of my face.

"Hey, um I know this is a lot to ask but can you bring me to the corner store to get something? I can walk to school you don't have to stay."

"I am not letting you walk a whole ass mile,
there's a corner store next to dunkin go in real quick while I get our coffees."
After I get what I need and apply it I get in the car with Jabez.

Once we get there Jabez wraps his arms around my shoulders walking into the school.
"Just go with it." He whispers in my ear. Although I was confused I went with it, not knowing what else to do.

I look around the hallway and see everyone staring at us. Whispering and gasping. "Wow she glowed up." "Is she jabez's new girl?" "Who is she" "is she new" "Jabez finally got a pretty girl" we walked passed everyone staring.

"So this is your side piece for the week?"  Devyn says walking up to us. I slightly push Jabez's hand away at the thought of me just being his toy for the week like every other girl in the school. He puts his arm back over my shoulder and leads me to his locker rolling his eyes at Devyn.

"Listen you're not a side piece I like you. And I know how they used to treat you. Either you get bullied or get treated like a sex toy because of your new look." He says motioning to my body. "If any of those happens I'm going to jail." He says leaning on his locker throwing his arms up. I stare at him in shock.

"So... basically you're saying you're all over me to stop other guys from being all over me? And to scare the people who would normally bully me?" I couldn't help but let out a little laugh.

"That's exactly what I'm doing." Jabez says opening his locker smiling.

"You're so confusing." As I was about to walk away to go to my locker he stops me.

"I'm walking you there." He gets two books and a notebook from his locker and walks me to mine. I get what I need and we walk to first period. What I saw on the walls of the science room was horrifying. Jabez clenches his jaw in anger.