Chapter seven

"Who are you?" I say staring at the woman, she resembled me a lot.

"Baby you don't remember me?" She says getting up from the couch coming close to me. I back up, wondering why my dad is letting this random lady in our house. Jocelyn is also no where to be seen.

"Get away from me! Pa! Where are you!" I run upstairs and bump into my dad. "There's some crazy lady in our living room." I say out of breathe. He laughs at me making me confused.

"Why are you laughing I could've gotten murdered. Call the cops."

"Mi amor that's your mom." He says taking me back to the living room.

"What have you been smoking lately." I say seriously checking his eyes to see if they're red. It couldn't be my mom, last thing I heard about her was that she moved in with a movie producer in New York City. Why would she come back to Texas. When we get to where she was standing I could finally tell it was her. The thought of my mother being right in front of me made me sick. I haven't seen her in 13 years... since I was 5..

"You look so beautiful and grown up." She tries to walk towards me but I back up and she got the hint. "We have to talk to you." She said sitting on the couch.

"Listen I really don't know how to feel with you here. If this is about you coming back I don't want it. You've never been here for me or Jocelyn but now you want to come into our lives as if nothing happened?" look at my dad hoping he'd say something along the lines of 'of course she's not, she just came to say hi' but instead all I received was a heart broken expression.

"Mayalyn Me and your mother have talked and we connected, the feelings we once had are still there and I wanted to ask if you could accept us and let her move in." I look at them in disbelief.

"The same woman who abandoned me as a child? The same woman who left you for a richer guy? How dumb can you be dad?!" His face turns from sad to angry, of course I seen my dad angry I mean, he's a Latino father what could he not get mad about, but this time the look in his face said a lot more. I knew better not to say anything about my mother leaving him for another. It was always sensitive to him but it just slid with my words.

"Oh and how about you? I seen you from upstairs with that kid, skipping school Maya? This is why your mother never wanted you because you were such a hoe and a loser." As soon as the words slid out of his mouth he instantly regretted it. The tears in my eyes were no longer holding itself in place, they slid down my face staining my cheek.

"Esteban don't talk to our daughter like that!" My mom quickly gets up and starts yelling at him.

"I'm not your daughter though, I never was. You lost the title of mother when you walked out! And dad I thought I knew you better, I thought you cared for me more than to say those things, you know that's not who I am!" By now my words were un audible from all the crying and talking. Before I could let him speak I run out of the house going to the nearest gas station a street down. I pick up my phone and call the one person I wanted to see.

"Hey are you busy?" I ask trying my my hardest to make myself understandable.

"What's wrong, why are you crying?" Jabez says freaking out.

"Can you pick me up? I'll explain it then." I lean against the side of the store thinking about what happened not even a minute ago. I didn't hear his response from focusing on my thoughts.

"Maya! Maya!"
"Oh sorry, what did you say?"
"I asked where you were."
"I'm at the gas station on greyhawk dr."
"I'm on my way."

6 minutes later I see Jabez pull up to the front of the store. I hop into the car and it stays silent for a minute. "Look, you don't have to tell me what happened, just know I'm always here when you need me." He reaches over and puts his hand over my shoulder. I cuddle into his arm as he starts to drive. The drive to his house was a bit far so I moved his hand so I could cradle it instead. I doze off but not even minutes later he wakes me up.

"We're here." He shakes me a bit and my eyes flutter open. "You're adorable." He laughs and opens his door walking over to mine.

I'm still a bit sleepy and dozed off so he carries me to his room and lays me down on his bed. "Goodnight babygirl." He kissing my forehead and leaves downstairs. As I'm about to fully go to sleep I hear talking going on outside of the room.

"Jiggy your being loud shut the fuck up." Jabez says.

I hear Jocelyn's voice, "If you guys both don't shut up, why are we being quiet anyways?".

"Maya's sleeping."

"My sister Maya? Jabez why is she in your bed.. do you want me to fuck you up." Jocelyn says getting angry.

"It's not like that, we just got here actually she called me crying and was tired so I let her sleep in my bed.

"Ok but I swear if I find out otherwise ur left nutsack is gonna be missing." Jiggy laughs and so does Jabez.

I slowly get up not wanting to make any noise and open the door to see Jabez, jiggy, Jocelyn, Gaby, Andre, jeana and Tommy. I felt so embarrassed because my tears stained my face pretty bad and I looked like a complete zombie.

"Jocelyn can I talk to you for a second?" I pull her into jabez's room and waste no time.

"Moms back."