Chapter six

I'm writing this at 4 am so if some parts don't make sense... that's why 😭 not proof read either so don't mind the mistakes

"Who did this?" Jabez yells in anger grabbing the printed pictures of me from yesterday off the walls. I had mascara all over my face from the pool water and my clothes were all see through. In the corner of the classroom I see Devyn laughing with a stack of the pictures in her hand. I ran out bumping into the teacher that was coming in.

"Get back to class." I hear the teacher call for me along with Jabez's foot steps running with me.

"Maya wait up." At this point I couldn't see where I was running to, my tears were fogging up my vision.

"MAYA !" Jabez suddenly tackles me landing on top of me, at the same time I hear a car horn go off. As soon as I get my vision back I see Jabez breathing hard on top of me.
"You ran in front of a car." He says annoyed, getting up. I didn't even realize I ran out of the school. He gives me his hand to stand up. I decline and keep walking away.

"Why are you mad at me? I literally just saved your life." He says following me.

"I'm not mad at you Jabez, but do you know how embarrassing it is to have those pictures all over the class? To have everyone in the class laugh at you?" I huff realizing he's always been the popular, he's never had to go through this constantly.

He looks at me in sadness at the fact that I just yelled at him.

"I'm sorry, I just-"
"It's fine, I understand. Wanna go back to class?" He says grabbing my hand.

"I'm not going back." I say walking to the front of the school.
"Well were are you planning on going."
"Anywhere but here."
"Let me take you home." Hugging me from behind as we walk to his car.

Once we get to his car he starts driving the opposite direction of my house. "Where are we going?" He didn't answer but my question was answered when we pull into the drive through of Burger King.

"Whatchu want?" He asks smiling at me.
"I don't have money."
"Did I ask if you had money." He says giving me that sly smirk.
I tell him my order not hesitating since we were next in the drive through and didn't wanna hold up the line arguing with him.

-

"Thank you." I say playing with the white chipped paint on my nails as Jabez drives to my house.

"For?" He asks confused.

"For being so nice to me. I thought if I changed what I looked like everyone would notice me. They have but they just notice my looks. No ones really went out of their way to know me like you have."

"You're different, I don't want you to feel like I'm here because I want you to be that new girl I get every other day, I really wanna get to know you more." He says pulling up in the driveway. I smile and give him a hug before hopping out of the car.

"Maybe we can get to know each other tomorrow? I'm skipping school." I say surprising myself. I've never skipped school in my life yet I just did, and I'm gonna do it again tomorrow.

"Perfect, I'll pick you up at 10:00." I smile and he drives away.

As I walk into the house I see someone on my couch.