(7) A visit from an old friend💜

(Virgil's Pov)

Virgil woke up in his bed. He stretched out and then remember what bad happened before he fell asleep.
Princey
He kept replaying that moment in his head. He felt so embarrassed. Why did he do that! Throwing himself on him crying his eyes out over a stupid nightmare! Good god Princey must think he's crazy!
He groaned and shoved his face into his pillow as if it would take away the burning from his face.
He couldn't really believe it though. Roman was actually nice to him for once. He'd been here a while now and not once had Roman ever done something like that.
He also must have brought him to his room because last thing he remembered before he woke up from his nightmare was him listening to Patton rambling on about something and he then passed out on the couch.
Next thing he knew he had woken up in his room panting and shaking because of his nightmares.
And for some reason Roman was there holding onto him and telling him he would be okay. Then before he knew it he was pressed against Romans chest crying being held by him.
What was wrong with him!
Virgil had a boyfriend! A. Boyfriend.
Wait.
He shouldn't feel guilty. Nothing had happened between them. Roman had just been ther for him when he was upset. It's not like anything happened between them.
Virgil flopped back onto the bed. A sudden thought popped into his head witch made him shoot up. No! No way! That..it couldn't be true! He started panting again. He tried to control his breath.
No way
He couldn't like Princey.
No not like.
Like like...

No way. That's impossible! This was Princey we're talking about. Virgil thought to himself. He was supposed to hate the arrogant cocky not bad looking....
"Aaaggghhh"! Virgil groaned out loud.
"You okay In there kiddo"?
Virgil groaned again. The last thing he needed was Patton talking to him about feelings. The door opened at Patton's head popped around. "Sure walk in why don't you"? Virgil Said sarcastically as he lay back on the bed. Patton chuckled and walked over sitting down beside Virgil.
"You okay Anxiety"? Virgil panicked then. What if Roman told them about what happened? Oh god no they would all think he was crazy.
"I'm fine". Virgil grumbled. "Now when people say that it usually means the opposite." Patton replied crossing his legs over. Virgil looked at him. "Look Anxiety I know we aren't really close but you know you can talk to me whenever." Virgil smiled. Yes he actually smiled. "Thanks Pat but it was just a nightmare". Patton raised an eyebrow. "Because of Remus"? Virgil was sort of shocked. How did he know? "He gives me the heebie jeebie's as well." Patton said shivering. Virgil laughed. "Ye the guys pretty messed up, but he's not the worst", Virgil said before he could stop himself.
"Well I suppose you've known him well, forever". Patton said almost looking guilty.
"Don't feel bad about it". Virgil said grinning to try make Patton feel better about the situation. "At least I'm out of there and I'm not going back."
And for the first time in months of being there. Virgil actually meant it.
He wasn't going to go back to the dark sides.

Patton almost seemed to read his mind as he engulfed Virgil into a big hug. As he got of the bed to leave the room he turned around. "Anxiety"? He said. "Ye"? "Does this make us friends"? Virgil grinned. "I'd say it does".
Patton grinned back and walked out the door.

A sudden slow clap came from the corner of the room. "Wow well done Virgil". Virgil whipped his head around and in the corner of his room stood Deceit. Virgil jumped of his bed and locked the door. "What the hell are you doing here"! Deceit looked taken aback.
"What Virgil are you not happy to see me after doing such a good job with the plan"? Deceit said in his snakey cold voice. "No I'm not because it's not part of the plan!" Virgil snapped back. "I don't want anything to do with it"! Deceit looked at him. "What are you saying your coming back then"? "No"! Virgil snapped. "I want nothing to do with the dark sides anymore"!
Deceit looked at him now completely baffled.
"What"? Deceit said. He now seemed almost sad. "You heard me". Virgil scoffed. "Im not going back. I'm not the same I've changed. I"-. "You think your one of them". Deceit cut him off. He began to laugh. "You actually think they'll ever think of you as one of them"! Virgil looked away from him.
"And what about us then"? Deceit continued. "You just wanted to leave me for the prince huh?" "Did I ever say that"? Virgil yelled. He regretted it knowing that anyone could hear him. "They won't hear you dumbass".
That's one thing Virgil hated. Deceit knew everything Virgil thought. All his secrets his emotions, because of how close the two were he just knew everything about the side.
"I know that". Virgil snapped again.
Deceit walked towards him. He put a finger under Virgil's chin and made him face him. "Just duck out Virgil.".
"What"? Virgil replied. "I said Duck out".
"Come on." You'll never be a light side. And you seem pretty convinced you'll never be one of us again". Virgil felt tears pricking the back of his eyes. "I mean Thomas has made it pretty clear that he's better of without you. "So has Logan and Princey".
He said Romans nickname with extreme emphasis singling out that Roman would never like him. Ever.
"Your my boyfriend." Virgil said his voice cracking. "Your supposed to love me".
Deceit looked at him an evil glare in his eye. "I do love you Virgil. And that's why I'm saying this." He put his arms on his shoulders and looked him in the eyes. "I'm the only one who would love a mess like you."
Virgil couldn't hold back the tears now.
Deceit was right. Roman didn't like him. Neither did Logan. And Patton was to nice to say how much he really hated him. Deceit was right. Deceit loved him. Deceit wouldn't lie to him. Okay yes that was his thing. But he never lied to Virgil about important matters like this before. It was Deceit who put up with him his whole life. Deceit who kissed him.                       "Duck out Virgil" Deceit said before kissing his forehead. "You know yourself Thomas is better of without you around." And with that he turned around and Disappeared into the shadows of Virgil's room.

Virgil stood in the middle of his room letting the tears fall thinking about everything Deceit had said to him. When a knock on the door made him jump back to reality. "Anxiety"?
Princey.
Virgil opened the door. "What do you want now Princey". He growled. "Wow calm down there emo nightmare" Princey said and chucked to himself. "I've been summoned to ask if you'd like to watch a movie". Virgil scoffed. "No thanks I don't want your pity invitation." Roman looked confused. "But it's not a"- "I said no thanks" Virgil snapped and slammed the door in Romans face. "Fine then you brat"! Roman yelled. Virgil heard him stomp down the hall. "Roman what's wrong now"! Patton yelled sounding like he just walked out from his room.  "Ask Anxiety"! Roman yelled back. "I told you he'd never change! He's always going to be one of them"!
And with that Virgil broke down in uncontrollable sobs.
Deceit was right. He'd always be a dark side. What was he thinking. He'd never be one of them.
Deceit was right. Thomas really is better of without him.

(Word count 1304)

Heyy! Hope you enjoyed the angst (mahahaha)
Sorry if this chapter seems a bit all over the place. I'm having a bit of a writers block and was trying hard as possible to get this chapter out. I have a plot point that I'm trying to break into and it should be coming up in the next two chapter !

Also thank you for almost 100 reads!! What!? Please keep sharing the story and voting on the chapters. It really inspires me to keep writing knowing people enjoy.
If you've any ideas or even some ideas for filler chapters that you would like to read please comment below
Thanks for reading

Vote comment share!
~author.