(11) what now?💜

(Virgil's Pov)

Virgil pulled away from the second kiss.
He didn't know what he was thinking.
What was Roman thinking?
Well I mean he did kiss him back. That was a good sign right?
The two stood there still embraced. Roman was the one to break the silence . "You really choose me". Virgil didn't answer. "Virgil?" Virgil looked up at him. "Yes". He said quietly. "And you aren't just saying that cause your upset? Not just to get back at Deceit?" "No". Virgil said again. He meant it. It just didn't sound very convincing.
"I really mean it Roman". He said trying to make himself sound like he meant it.
I mean that was hard. His boyfriend just cheated on him for who knows how long with the guy he had a massive crush on's brother and then he just kissed his crush and he kissed him back.
It was all happening really fast and it was making Virgil nervous. Romans grip seemed to be suffocating him.
"Virgil?"
"Just stop Roman!" Said Virgil. He started panicking now. He shoved Roman in the chest. He stumbled back.
"Virgil please try to calm down". Roman said. He could see the worry in his eyes.
"Calm down?" Virgil said. "That's easier said then done Roman!" "I know"! Roman shot back.
The two looked at each other. It was a bit mental to think about 20 seconds they had just kissed.
"I'm sorry". Virgil said pushing his hair back out from eyes. "It's just a lot to take in right now". "Ye I can tell". Roman said not in a snarky way but you could hear the annoyance in his voice. It was probably frustrating for him. And Virgil couldn't blame him.
"Can we just." Virgil started. He tried to form the right words to say without Princey hating him.
"Can we just keep doing this?"
"You mean arguing?" Roman said
"No no I"! Virgil started sayng frantically but stopped when he saw Roman grinning. He sat down on the couch. "Of course we can". He opened out his arms "Cmere". Roman said. Virgil flopped down on the couch beside him and buried his head into his chest. The two lay on the couch snuggled into one another.
Virgil's heart was beating like crazy. He couldn't actually believe this was happening. He lay there on a nice clean sofa at the light side of the mind palace. And he was cuddled into Roman. And Roman actually liked him.
Liked him liked him.
"I wanna show you something". Virgil said suddenly. He sat up and looked at Roman grinning. Roman raised an eyebrow. "Is this some scheme to lead me to death"? Roman said only half joking. Virgil scoffed. "Guess you'll have to come to find out." Roman rolled his eyes playfully. As he stood up Virgil decided to take a risk. He grabbed onto Romans hand   and laced their fingers together. He didn't look back at Roman but could tell he was slightly taken aback but he didn't say anything and continued to walk.

The two walked down the hallway of the mind palace laughing and joking. After a short walk they reached Virgil's bedroom door. He opened it and let Princey in. He went to his bed and pulled out his sketch pad from under his pillow. Roman looked at h very confused now.
Virgil sat on the floor. Roman gently moved him forward sitting behind him. He pulled Virgil close to him his arms wrapped around his waist his chin resting on his shoulder.
It brought back memory's but Virgil pushed them aside.
"Now". Virgil began but stopped for a second.
What was he supposed to say? Only one person knows this even exists and that's my ex boyfriend who everyone on the light side of the mind palace hates?
"No one knows this exists." Virgil said. It was easier that way. Wasn't it?
"I should feel special then?" Roman said grinning. "Yes very." Virgil said. He gently pulled away from Romans embrace.
He handed him the battered old book.
"Go on". He was slightly hesitant but handed him the book with enthusiasm.
Roman looked through the book. He took each picture in slowly. He traced his fingers over a few of the water coloured ones. "Oh my lord Virgil." Roman Said his voice hushed.
"How did you do this"?
"It's called art Princey". "Well yes I know that but it looks so real"! He flicked the page to the next drawing. It was a black and white sketch not fully finished. It was of Princey. Virgil sucked in his breath unsure of how he would react. "Oh my god Virgil it's beautiful". When he flicked the next page he noticed something.
The picture of the rose was missing. Roman must have noticed his change of expression. "Virg? Are you alright"? Virgil snapped out of his thoughts. "Ye ye just got a bit lost in my own world there".
Maybe he was better of without it.
It's not like he even needed it anymore anyway.
Roman moved towards Virgil and put his head on his shoulder. "Virgil".
"Mmh?" "You have a gift." Virgil grinned and rested his head on top of Romans.
"Virgil?" "Ye?"
"Can we watch a movie? Your pick".
"You willing to watch nightmare before Christmas on repeat for four hours?" Virgil said grinning. Roman laced their finger together. If I get to spend more time like this with you it would be perfect.

Virgil looked at him. It was hard to believe that only a short while ago he hated Princey. Even yesterday they never talked like they would now.
One kiss really can change everything.
It was also hard to imagine that what happened in the dark side of the mind palace had actually.....happened.
It felt like a dream. Well more like a nightmare. If Roman wasn't here Virgil would have probably went insane.
But he looked down at his pale hand.
It was intertwined with Romans.
The two stood up and walked down back to the loving room. It was late but Virgil was a night owl. He should be fine. Princey not so much.
The two lay on the couch watching the nightmare before Christmas. But Virgil could barley focus on it properly. All his mind was thinking was 'Roman'
Somewhere in the back -far back- in his mind Deceit still loomed. But he brushed him off. He knew that with Roman and Patton and Virgil he would be okay.

He would be okay

Word count 1092 words
~Author.