(23) A FairyTale Ending❤️

(Romans Pov❤️)

Roman was finished getting ready after an hour.
And a half.
He spent forever getting ready. Tweaking his hair this way and that way. Trying on all his clothes in possibly a hundred different combinations. Then drowned himself in body fragrance. He was choking for a good 5 minutes and eventually had to open the door and half debated having a shower so Virgil wouldn't start choking when he was a good ten feet away from him.
He groaned and flopped on the bed. "Please just work." He whispered to himself.

After another while of making sure he looked fine a knock came from the door. He glanced at the clock.
7:04 pm.
"Shit!" he said jumping up and opening the door. Patton stood there confused.
"What have you been doing for the past 2 hours?" Patton said pushing his glasses up his face.
"Hour and a half." Roman mumbled sheepishly. He stood in front of the door trying to hide the fact it looked like tornado had hit his room.
"Roman." Patton said crossing his arms. "Open the door." Roman sighed and opened the door.
Patton's eyes went wide with shock. "Good gosh Roman."
"I know I just didn't know what to wear!"
"So you pulled out your entire wardrobe?"
"I'm sorry okay!" Roman said. He was flustered and tripping over his words. His heart was pounding and it felt like a swarm of wasps was buzzing around in his stomach. He was so nervous. He never tried to put in so much effort to impress someone. He always felt happy with how he was. He didn't care if people liked what he was wearing or not. (He was a Prince so he looked amazing either way.) But Virgil is the first Person he has ever wanted to impress. He's the first person who he's ever wanted them to care about what he looks like. Does that even make sense?
He was like this one person who's opinion mattered. Even if they usually liked what you wore anyway hearing them say something good about you makes your heart flutter like a big happy Butterfly.
He just wanted tonight to go well. This was his fairy Tail. He was the price about to fall in love and conquer all of life's challenges with Virgil.

Patton smiled at him.
"Go call for Virgil. I'll clean around a bit okay?" Patton gave Roman a smile. Roman could have kissed him. He threw his arms around him and hugged him close. "Thanks Pat."
"No problem kiddo."

Roman rushed down the hall almost tripping over himself when he reached Virgil's door.
Roman gave a cheery 'Ra ta ta tat' knock on Virgil's bedroom door.
A couple of moments later Virgil opened the door. He wore his ripped black jeans and usual purple hoodie.
He seemed a lot more tired then usual today. His face dropped and Roman could tell that the blackness from under his eyes wasn't just his eyeshadow.

"Hey Roman." Virgil said quietly.
"I was wondering." Roman began. "If you would like to a-company me for some snacks and a movie?" He have a theatrical bow and looked up hopefully at Him.

Virgil gave out a chuckle. "Suppose I don't have much choice do I?" He said grinning.

The pair walked out to the living room where they usually watched movies. Usually it was the same old living room. The couch and the tv playing a movie nothing special.
Now fairy lights were hung and in the coffee table lay a checkered picnic blanket spread with popcorn, cookies, chewy sweets and fizzy drinks.

Roman noticed Virgil had become on edge. "Oh my god Roman." He said backing up slightly. "How did you."
But Roman cut him off. "I just wanted tonight to be perfect. Like a fairy tale ." He said softly grabbing onto Virgil's hands. "Virgil I know we didn't have the best start but I really fell for you."

Virgil was shaking his head.
"Will you do me the honour of being my boyfriend?"

Virgil shook his head and pulled his hands away. He was trembling head to toe stuttering over his words.

"Roman I'm so sorry but I can't."

Word count 705 words.

IM ONLY KIDDING DONT KILL ME.

"What do you mean you can't?" Roman said looking baffled. "Roman I'm so sorry but I can't."
Roman felt his heart shatter. But then he got angry.
"Then why did you lead me on!"
"I wasn't leading you on!" Virgil replied back shouting now. He seemed confused and a little angry. Why was he angry? And why was he lying? Saying he hadn't lead him on when that's exactly what he has been doing for weeks. He acted like The two had a chance together and then completely shattered Romans hopes.

And he says that's not leading someone on?

"So all the nights we've spent together everything just hasn't meant anything to you! It's all just been to toy with my emotions!" Roman yelled.
"I never said that!" Virgil replied his voice cracked.
"Do you love me Virgil?"
Roman said trying to calm down.
"What."
"You heard me."

He looked at Virgil who had tears rushing down his cheeks. Why was he crying? He wasn't the one getting his heart shattered.

"Roman you can't just ask me that." He said whispering slightly but Roman still heard him.

"Yes I can!" Roman yelled back.
"YOU CANT!" Virgil shouted taking Roman back a bit. He's never seen Virgil so upset.
"HAVE YOU NO IDEA WHAT IVE BEEN THROUGH THE LAST FEW MONTHS! AFTER EVERYTHING AND YOU EXPECT ME TO BE OKAY WITH FALLING BACK IN LOVE WITH SOMEONE!"

Roman stood there saying nothing.
"DO YOU!" Virgil shouted hysterical now.
"YOU THINK LIFE IS ONE BIG FAIRY TALE AND THE PRICE IS GOOD AND GETS WHATEVER HE WANTS! WELL GUESS WHAT ROMAN THIS IS REAL LIFE AND NOT EVERYTHING GOES HOW YOU WANT IT TO!"
The pair were crying now. Roman wanted to hug him and beg him for forgiveness. Another part wanted to yell back. It's been months of
'This'
Acting like a couple but never officially together. Was it so wrong for Roman to want to be with him!?

"It's not my fault!" Roman said after a minute. Virgil looked at him daring him to say more.
"It's not my fault your boyfriend cheated on you! It's not my fault that your to obsessed with him still and can't even get over him even if he doesn't want you back!"

He took it to far.

Virgil looked at him stunned. He took one step forward. Stopped for a second then another.
Next thing he knew Virgil's hand had flown out and struck Roman across his face.

Both gasped in shock.

Virgil started crying harder if that was even possible. He ran out of the living room and slammed the door so the room shook.

Roman stood there in the middle of the room. He placed his hand over his cheek it still stinging from the slap. Tears flowed down his face.

So much for the FairyTale ending.

Word count 1189.
Vote comment and share

My new book if lips could heal is out! It would mean the world to me if you could go check it out!
~Author<3

Ps please don't kill me for this chapter