(12) Can I Maybe Take You On A Date?❤️

(Romans Pov)
Roman woke up with the memories of everything that happened the night before refreshing in his mind. The thought made him grin.
He wanted to take Virgil on a date.
Yes maybe they couldn't actually go anywhere but he would figure out what to do.
He sat on his bed thinking of ideas.
What was the most cliche thing that happened on dates?
Hmmm
Maybe a movie? That was a perfect idea!
He sent Patton a quick text. He would surly have some great ideas.
After a quick text Patton replied a few minutes later. Mostly screaming and being excited but said him and Logan would get started as soon as possible.
Sometimes he really did love them two dorks.
Roman jumped of the bed. He had to get ready and look his best.
He got into a brisk shower washing his hair as fast as he possibly could. He almost fell head first when he got back out.
He pondered on what he should wear.
Should he dress up? But a nice shirt and his suit pants seemed a bit to over the top even for him.
Causal? But hoodies and jeans seemed like he wasn't trying at all.
Roman stood there in a towel looking at his clothes pondering on what on gods good earth he should wear.
He eventually decides on his white t-shirt with his white ripped jeans but through of colour and a hint of His Roman touch he added his signature colour of red bomber jacket. He loved that jacket. On the sleeves were little crowns it was very adorable.
He brushed his mop of brown hair. Thomas was considering dying it purple and that was something he was very excited to experiment with.
After he looked absolutely perfect he sprayed some cologne on and grabbed a mint.
He looked at himself in the mirror one last time. His usual confidence Semele to have been knocked out of him. He was actually worried about what could happen. Did he look to fancy? Would Virgil laugh in his face and turn him down? Did he only kiss him because he was hurting. He took a deep breath.
It's going to be okay. He told himself. Virgil seemed to actually like him. He kissed him for crying out loud. He even showed him his art book and he said he had never even shown it to anyone before. He trusted Roman.
He smiled at himself in the mirror.
It was going to be okay.

He walked down the hall trying to keep his head high and act natural.
It was very hard.
He felt like he had just gotten a role
In the lead of a broadway musical. He wanted to jump up and down screaming with excitement, nerves and absolute terror.
He then reached the door to Virgil's room. He took one final deep breath and knocked.
The sound of a guitar being strummed stopped.
"Who is it?" Virgil's whiney voice replied seemingly annoyed by being interrupted at that moment.
Confident, Roman said to himself as he opened the door.
"The one the only". Roman said grinning. Virgil was sitting crossed legged on the floor a guitar in his hands. A smile appeared on his face when he saw Roman.
"I didn't knew you played". Roman said crossing the room and sitting beside Virgil. "Ye sometimes." He replies still sitting and turning slightly to place the guitar on his bed.
"You aren't going to play me anything?" Roman said mockingly pretending to be offended. "Not a chance Princey". Virgil said scoffing. "I might attempt to play but that doesn't mean I'm any good."
"I bet you are your just to embarrassed to admit it." Roman said getting of his feet. "Sure." Virgil replied still sitting on the floor
"Now May I please ask why are you in my room in the first place?"
Oh no.
"Well Uhm..." Roman began but couldn't form the words.
"Cmon Princey use your words." Virgil said chuckling.
"CanImaybetakeyououtonadate?" Roman spat out in his words tumbling of his tongue in a rush.
Silence.
"You what?" Virgil asked.
Roman composed himself.
"Could I maybe take you out on a date?"
Virgil stared at him for a few seconds his mouth slightly gaped open in shock. After a moment he slowly nodded his head. "Yes" he said softly with a grin. Roman almost screamed with pure joy. He reached out grabbing Virgil's hand. His nails were painted black. He then laced their hands together. "Is this okay?" "It's perfect." Virgil replied and the two grinned.

They both walked into the living room. Their was a pile of blankets and soft pillows laid out and a stream of fairy lights hung around the couch and tv.
Sometimes Roman really did love Logan and Patton and (Mostly Patton's) ideas.
Virgil gasped. "Oh my god Roman." He said. He walked over to the couch gently running his fingers over the soft blanket. He looked back at Roman. "Did you do all this?"
"Well I might have had an extra pair of hands, or two." Roman said sheepishly.
Virgil turned back around and pulled Roman into a hug. "It's perfect" he said.
After a brief moment the two pulled apart. "Anywho what would you like to watch?"
Virgil thought and liked through the wrack of DVD's for a moment. "The black cauldron." Virgil said giving a sly grin. "Oh good lord please not that drab depressing horror fest." "But you did ask what I would like to watch." Virgil said using a mocking baby tone. Roman sighed. "Fine but after we're watching something good".

The two sat on the couch. The awkwardness was almost to much to bear. When Roman sat down Virgil sat almost to far away. But slowly throughout the movie they began edging closer together. Before the two knew it Roman has his arm slung around Virgil and Virgil's head lay on Romans chest.
Before they knew it the movie ended. Roman was almost sad. He didn't want that moment to end as much as he hated The Black Cauldron.
Then the movie ended and Roman has the best idea.
"Dance with me?"
"What?" Virgil replied now utterly baffled. Roman stood of the couch. "Virgil May I have this dance". He ran over to the little speaker with the iPod plugged in and hit shuffle. The most perfect song came on. 'Can't help falling in love' by Elvis. Virgil still looked at Roman like he had 10 heads.
He walked over to the couch and grabbed Virgil's hands. He pulled him towards him. He laced one hand with his and put the other on his back. Virgil put an arm around His waste and then lay his head on Romans shoulder.

The two danced

The two danced. Well not really dancing. But the two didn't care. They were just happy in their own little world.
"I can't help falling in love with you" the song sang.
Virgil and Romans eyes met for a moment. No words were needed. Then their lips smashed against each-others for the third time in two days.

And for a moment nothing else mattered.
It was them against the world.