(8) Accepting Anxiety❤️

Romans (pov)

Roman knew something was wrong as soon as Thomas summoned me and Patton up. What on earth? Creativity!? That was no longer his name. He knew that I was now prince Roman.
"To cool to call us by are names kiddo?" Patton said half joking half confused. "Nah. That was just the easiest way to, you know...Quickly establish what you to guys represent in case there are any new viewers watching."
Roman looked at him. He looked like a hot mess. Nay Cool mess. Nay! An uncool mess. His hair was messy under his hood and he was dressed like he hadn't washed himself in a week. His old grey hoodie with a stain on the arm and black sweatpants.
Roman looked over at him annoying Logan (and that He would not  deny it was absolutely hilarious.) But stepped in after a moment.
"Uh is everything Gucci here Thomas?"?  "I do suppose I could have asked the question that way as well but that's exactly why I wanted you to here".
"You mean us three"? Patton chirped in. I looked at him confused.
"Did I say three"? Logan said in a cocky way. "No"? Patton said back. "Then I guess I didn't mean three." "Hes made mistakes before" Patton said looking at Roman giving a small grin. I chuckled back.
"An uncommon occurrence"! Logan said now sounding annoyed.
"You might say the amount of mistakes is infinitesimal?" Patton said now giving a cheeky grin and pinching his fingers just to annoy Logan. "YOU MAKE ONE MISTAKE"! Logan yelled. "AND THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS!"
As much as Roman would have loved to laugh at him being so railed up He would have
Preferred to get Thomas back to normal so they could continue with work. "Okay time out for thee and time out for thee focus on issues or focus on me" He said . "Okay lets get down to business" Logan said.
"TO DEFEAT"! Thomas yelled. "THE HUNS".
Okay he knew he made the statement a moment ago saying how He wanted Thomas back to normal but he was a Prince.
It's my duty to sing Disney songs when mentioned.
"Please stop. Stop". Logan said flailing his arms around. "I'm sorry I'm sorry".Roman said composing myself.
We continued to talk to Thomas about what could possibly be making Thomas feel like this. An unattainable dream? A hopeless romance? Why on earth was he acting so strange? Thomas was always so productive and never so aloof and...careless?
After Logan asked if Roman was doing okay. Was that even a question? Of course ...
1Disney references
2Regal appearance
3 General Awareness that He was better then them two. He felt pretty good.
"Then what could be wrong"?
"Well you to always act like you know the answers." Patton said. "It's surprising you keep over looking something so simple.
"Oh is that so." Romans say. "Your so cute."
"What might that be"? Logan said.
"Where is anxiety?"

What!? Was he still seriously asking about that bratty emo nightmare around? Roman thought. All though now that he mentioned it...it was slightly strange he hadn't made his appearance yet. Usually he came in to give his sarcastic comments and bad decisions.
"Do you really think it's necessary to have him here"? Logan asked looking at Patton puzzled.
"I'm hungry" Thomas said walking towards the kitchen.
Okay maybe it was slightly important.

After another while of trying. Oh so trying. To talk some sort of sense into Thomas the 3 decided they should bring anxiety back.
"Anxiety"! Logan called out.
.........
Nothing.
He was probably listening to some pg-13 muisc again.
"Anxiety"! Ronan called in his most dazzling tome of voice.
Still nothing.
"Ugh how dare he? What??" he gasped.
"Now now try to be more loving. You catch more flies with honey then vinegar.".
"Anxiety cmon up here kiddo"! Patton said it what was probably the most loving dad like voice he could manage. " Cmon out so everyone can see that cool makeup?" He asked now more questioning then before.
Still nothing. He wouldn't even appear for Patton and he actually liked him.
"Well love has failed me". Patton said.
"Ho-ho-ho"! That can be applied to many times in my life the first being"- "hold on there Thomas are we really going to go down that road"? Roman said now very confused at the situation. "You usually don't like talking about that kind of stuff." He has no shame. No filter. And no fear.
He had no anxiety!

"Maybe a lack of fear could be a good thing"? Roman suggested .
"HUh"! Patton gasped. "ROMAN IM SURPRISED AT YOU"! "What"! Romans whines. Surly he couldn't think of this as a bad thing.
"Look I know anxiety can be a gloomy goober but he's still one of us."
Not one of us. One of them. I thought but not out loud.
"Is he tho"? Roman said trying to talk some sense into Patton.
"Check it out. Morality, logic, creativity.
We three are the most important facets of Thomas personality. Also we got along just fine without him in the first to videos".
"He may not have been there but he was always there within Thomas to an extent..
Ramble on and on and on he went Roman thought he agreed with him about anxiety!
"Even still I just don't see why he is necessary!"
(Time-skip to about 5 minutes later)

Okay. Roman now agreed with Patton. We need anxiety back.
He must have been in his room. Well not his room room. But his room. The room sides go when they want to inhance whatever aspect of what they represent. So if Thomas wanted to be super creative or reminisce on memories he'd go to Roman or Patton's 'room'. Not the actually bedroom they go at the end of the day to rest. A small difference. The room was based around on where Thomas was in his house.

Then after trying to make this a bit dramatic (again Romans a price it's what he is meant to do) and Thomas lack of anxiety completely destroying that we ventured of into Anxiety's room.

(Another time skip brought to you by ya mum)
(If you would like to know what happens during the time skip please watch Accepting Anxiety 2)

roman didn't actually think I would have been happy to have anxiety there.His heart actually started doing little flips.
"And to all you out ther"- Thomas began but was cut of.
"Wait"! Anxiety began. "Oh boy I'm actually considering it".  "What"? Thomas said. They were all now looking at him.
"You kinda made me want to open up about it but big surprise I'm anxious about it"anxiety said.
"Anxious"! Patton said giggling. "Like
your name".
"That was uh. Well  uh...your great Patton but actually on the subject of my name...."
"Shut up"! Roman gaps shocked. He couldn't believe it. He was actually doing to open us to us about it. "Oh no it's okay no pressure if you don't want"-. "Logan" Patton said now deadly serious. "Shut your ever-flapping gobtalker okay?
"No pranks or misleading"? Thomas asked. Good point it had happened a handful of times before. "No not this time. Why did we have to have a heartfelt moment?" Anxiety said now seeming very nervous.
"It's totally fine this is a very accepting environment but I have to say I've been theorising on this now for some time and if it's not exactly the name I think it is...
I will loose it". Patton said but still smiling but now excited.
"Okay just promise you won't laugh tho"? "Of course not"! Thomas said.
We all looked at him. Waiting for something. Anything.
"My name is".

"MY NAME IS VIRGIL"!
He blurted out.
Virgil.
It wasn't what Roman was expecting but. It suited him.
Virgil....
A pretty name for a pretty boy...

After a final chat with Thomas the four all went back to the mind palace.
Patton and Logan trailed ahead holding hands and chatting.
Roman looked behind him. Anxiety.
No.
Virgil.
"Virgil"! He said waving at him to come over. Patton and Logan looked back. They gave each other a knowing smile and then continued to walk to the Living room to watch some documentary Logan had been anticipating to watch all week.
"So". Roman say as Virgil caught up with him. "Virgil's a nice name". "Thanks". He said in a small voice.
"I'm sorry". Roman suddenly blurted out. Virgil looked at  him shocked. "Your sorry"? He said. "Ye for everything." Roman said sincerely. And He actually meant it.
"I haven't been that nice to you"- "That's a bit of a understatement". Anxiety said laughing. He grinned. "Okay a total ass". Roman continued and grabbed both his hands and looked him in the eyes.
"But I promise from now on I'll try my best to not be a jerk. Cause now I realise I was being the bad guy, not you." He looked at me. His mouth hung slightly open. He didn't say anything but threw his arms around him. "Thanks Roman." He have a big smile and walked into his room.
His stomach had a million butterfly's.

He called him Roman....

Word count 1536
Hello! Hope you all enjoyed this chapter!
I'd like to apologise if the chapter had a lot of time skips. I just felt like it wasn't entertaining enough to rewrite the sanders side script in a fan fiction. So for part 2 of accepting anxiety it makes more sense to watch the video.
But I know if you are reading this you most likely watched the video. I'm just trying to get up to a certine point and cover the backstory of Virgil. This fan fiction is more about the new sander sides not the old videos but it wouldn't make sense not to put in the backstory for wjy Virgil is with the light sides.
Sorry for that little rant!

Anyway please vote comment and share! It really encourages me to write if I know people enjoy reading!
~author