24| The Wounds

——————————————————

——————————————————

——————————————————Kat's eyes flicked opened from the sound of glass shattering against a hard rock

——————————————————
Kat's eyes flicked opened from the sound of glass shattering against a hard rock. She knitted her eyebrows together confused as she felt the bed next to her and Ryder wasn't there.

What time is it? She thought groggily as she sat up in bed and rubbed her eyes. She froze when she heard some pained groans coming outside from...was that an animal?

Kat was starting to get freaked out. She sat in her bed for a minute listening to the drowned out voices and groans not being able to hear a sentence. Was that Ryder? Or some random campers that stumbled too far in the forest?

She bit her lips and got up grabbing her discarded pink robe putting it on over her body. She took a steady breath and ran her fingers through her hair, she couldn't just sit here and wait around. What if it was Ryder.

She heard the groans and voices stop, she mustered up the courage to walk downstairs into the kitchen and grab a frying pan as a weapon real Rapunzel style.

She held it at her side and walked slowly to the back porch her heart pounding like a hammer in her chest, she thought she was going to have a heart attack.

She grimaced and lifted her hand to the door before pushing it open.  She straightened and stopped cold seeing Ryder kneeling on the porch floor his head down.

"Ryder what-" she started to say when he lifted his head and Kat gasped seeing the big pink bruise forming on the side of his face and the large gash in his eyebrow bleeding down his face.

He shakily lifted his one hand off a bleeding wound on his forearm and opened his bloody shaken hands in front of him looking in her eyes then down to his hands.

Kats mouth hung open and she let out a choked gaspnrunning over to him and shooting down to her knees next him.

"Ryder!" She grabbed his arm and looked at the bleeding gash in his arm. He groaned and winced retreating his arm into his chest.