34| The Epilogue

~mature content warning~

——————————————————Kat dragged her finger along the mantel above the fire place collecting the dust that accumulated there

——————————————————
Kat dragged her finger along the mantel above the fire place collecting the dust that accumulated there.

Ryder was supposed to dust. She thought and shook her head, but her slight annoyance quickly washed away when she started looking at the many pictures that gathered there.

She smiled softly when she saw the picture of her and Ryder when they won the Victoria Secret competition. Ryder was picking her up and smiling brighter than the sun. She knew he was trying so hard not to kiss her.

Kat sighed at the wistful memories, that was so long ago.

The next picture was a picture that Ryder took of her against her will. She was painting their first house they bought together. She had light blue paint all over her when Ryder came through and snapped a candid of her. She chuckled at her pissed off pout on her face as she held a paint brush in the picture.

She glanced over at the next picture, it was a group picture of Kevin, Zada, Kat, Ryder, and one of their new friends Emily. They all were smiling so big because they all were offered jobs at Victoria secret after the competition.

She moved on to another picture. It was one of her and her brother Jacksons. It was taken two years ago when she was finally allowed to see him again. She was crying like a mess and Jackson looked so happy as they embraced in the parking lot of some diner. Of course Ryder had captured a picture because he takes his camera everywhere.

Kat sucked in a breath and put a hand over her heart when she saw her wedding picture. She picked it up and looked at it. It was a picture of Ryder tucking a piece of hair behind Kats ear...she looked so happy and in love. They didn't even know the photographer was taking the picture, it was so raw and she loved it.

Of course Ryder was pissed he couldn't be the photographer for their wedding but he kind of had other things to do that day.

She laughed and bit her lip before setting the picture back down.

The last picture was Kat in labor with their first son, Rhys.

She was standing by the hospital bed, holding on to it for support as she held her big pregnant stomach. Ryder had told her a stupid joke which made her give a pained but happy smile as he snapped the picture.

The next photo was her holding Rhys in the hospital bed after she gave birth. It made her heart twisted with nostalgia, he was four now.

God where did the time go.

She was standing there floating through memories when a pair of strong arms wrapped around her.

She smiled softly and leaned back into Ryder's chest. She sighed and laid her hand over his.