Ch.9 Trust me

One month later

It was Sunday morning and I was filing down the hallway behind one if the other choir members. It was a nice day today. I had one song that I would sing solo.

I hadn't sang solo in a few weeks. I didn't mind it though. I was still so shy, it took a ton of convincing for me to do these two songs today. Breanna one of the really nice girls coaxed me into doing it.

So I decided to.

As we walked out into the choir stand I scanned the crowd like always.

I never really expected Ezra to be here because he was a busy man. It helped me not to be disappointed when he wasn't here. I really needed to stop being such a love sick puppy.

But when I saw him sitting beside Ms. Alana I perked up. He gave me a small smile before a woman sitting beside him got his attention.

I focused on her briefly. She was really pretty, she had light brown curly hair and tanned brown skin that seemed to glow. I started to feel a little tingle of jealousy. Then she faced forward and I realised she looked very similar to Ezra.

Was this Esther his sister?

A little girl sitting inbetween her and Ms. Alana started to stand up but she corrected her quickly and made her sit back down.

My eyes shifted to Ms. Alana and a man with very brown skinned man was sitting next to her. He was listening to her speak so I didn't get to see his face. But we were starting anyways so I needed to lay attention.

I turned on the microphone quickly and waited for my cues.

"Some times I feel like giving up.... It seems like my best just ain't good enough. Lord if you hear me I am calling you. Do you see, do you care all about what I'm going through?"

I paused and took a deep breath.

"And then he said. One more day, one more step. See I'm preparing you, for my self. And when you can't hear my voice. Please trust my plan."

The rest of the choir joined in with me. "I am the Lord I see, and yes I understand."

Usually this was when I started to loosen up and I smiled as I sang.

"I am God trust me, I have got the whole world in my hands. Ohhhh! One more day. One more step!"

We all started clapping our hands and the energy was so amazing.

I really did love that song.

Towards the end of the song I noticed the door open in the back. I looked because I always do.

I honestly did not expect to see my mother walk in. I literally missed the cue for the song and everyone around me sang.

Third Person POV

Stone noticed Alara not sing along during the next song almost immediately. Her stare was fixed behind him.

He discreetly looked behind him and raised an eyebrow when he saw her mother Mila walking in a long with her husband and two kids.

Two secret service members sat them down in the back so he turned his head back.

She was singing but was obviously distracted.

"Let the church say amen..."

"I need you to say Amen."

They made it to the middle of the song and Alara was teary eyed. While he didn't like to see her cry he knew these were happy tears.