Ch.31 Oh now you've done it

The next day Ezra got to work putting Sophia's furniture together. Yes we were still sticking with the name Sophia from all those years ago. Her full name would be Sophia Alana Cecelia Rose Maoife.

It was a mouthful but when did we ever half ass our kid's names?

"I'm going to help Dad." Gabriel said when he finished washing the dishes.

Mateo was already in the garage breaking down the boxes from the crib and a few other items we had for her.

"Okay sweetheart." I told him.

I put up the remaining dishes that I had dried and glanced at Noah. He was still sitting at the table but he was staring off into space. Something was bothering him.

"What's the matter baby?" I asked.

He blinked away that blank look and shook his head. "Nothing just thinking."

He got up quickly and hurried off to wherever.

"Well... that was convincing." I murmured to myself.

Sophia kicked, her little feet right under my ribcage. It was like she was agreeing with me. "Your brothers are very weird my darling." I whispered to her.

.
.

Maternity leave came quick for me and I found myself nesting around the house endlessly.

Since we, well I had decided I wanted to have the baby at home I was constantly trying to make sure I had everything ready at a moments notice. Lizzy was already on speed dial since she was delivering Sophia too. It only felt right since she had brought Gabriel into the world with me and I had done the same for her with Ariel and Ilya.

Sometimes I would get up in the middle of the night and clean. It was... a little obsessive. But Ezra always got up and brought me back to bed.

"You're restless baby. Just get some sleep." He would whisper to me when I tossed and turned.

But I just couldn't there was something bothering me. It really was, I just couldn't put my finger on it.

"You're going to be late! Pick up the pace!" Ezra yelled up the stairs. He was standing with his coffee cup and laptop at the base of the stairs.

"I'm sick Dad." I heard Noah call out.

"You're gonna wish you were sick if I have to come up there!" Ezra yelled back as three out of four boys came running down the stairs.

God they sound like a bunch of elephants...

"Bye mom, love you mom, see you later mom." Each of them said to me as they grabbed their stuff and kissed my cheek.

They were all out the door before Noah came running down. "Bye mom." He whispered with a brief kiss to my cheek before he raced after them.

Ezra shook his head, "School has barely started and he's already being weird."

We kissed and then he bent to kiss my stomach. "Be good for Mama."

"Can you find out what is going on? I don't want him to slip up. He's been doing so good." I asked. There had been zero fights around the house. He didn't talk back as much anymore and I hadn't heard anything from his teachers.

All was well I assumed.

"Yeah I'll get it out of him." Ezra told me.

"Alright have a good day Bear."

"I will baby, you go sit down and rest. I'll check up on you after my meeting this afternoon." He called over his shoulder.

Ez had transitioned from being in the field to now making the decisions years ago. It was more stable for out family and it guaranteed his safety. Which... was my biggest concern.