Ch.16 Negative

I left the room early before Ezra woke up. I was still angry from last night and I really didn't want to be around anyone at the moment.

So I went to the gym and ran. I ran close to six miles before I felt nauseous.

I jumped off the treadmill and threw up last nights dinner into the trashcan a few feet away.

Jesus...

I knew I was getting some looks from people it wasn't normal to just go and puke in a trashcan like that. I had pushed it and I needed to call it a day.

I didn't need another repeat of my last ballet practice.

Knowing I needed to hydrate quickly I went to the small store that they had on the base and I grabbed a bunch of Gatorades. I'd never really come in here before. I decided to look around, since I didn't have anything to do today.

It was kind of like a seven eleven but nothing was in English.

I mean nothing would be since it was an Egyptian base. I went through the aisle picking up a bunch of snacks to eat since I didn't plan on showing my face in the cafeteria for awhile.

Word had probably spread of what I did and I wasn't in the mood for questions or staring. Nice Alara wasn't anywhere near here today and I would probably snap at someone.

The last aisle I went down was the aisle for females. It was tiny of course but... it was there. I reached for a box of tampons when my eyes stopped on the shelf above.

Pregnancy tests.

I frowned, girl don't be silly. You're on birth control.

I grabbed the tampons and stepped back slightly. I didn't need that. So I walked away to go pay for my stuff.

Suddenly something in my brain said to get it. I wanted so bad to fight that instinct but my brain wouldn't say it for no reason.

Was I pregnant? I couldn't be. I would certainly be sent back to the states if that was the truth.

So I weighed my decision. Ignorance is bliss and keep on about my day or just take the test get the negative and move on with my day?

The clerk who checked me out eyed the pregnancy test that I had put on the counter with disapproval. She was an older woman so of course she was going to judge.

I rolled my eyes and held up my hand with my ring on it. "I'm married."

She immediately looked away slightly embarrassed but I didn't care. It was none of her business. I had done everything I was supposed to do. People could go stuff their opinions where the sun doesn't shine if they had any. 

I paid for my stuff and left after that.

It didn't take long for me to get back to my room but I had to pee after downing like two of the gatorades. I kind of had a weird bladder.

Stuff ran through me quickly.

I went into the bathroom doing a little dance as I read the instructions to the test.

It was self explanatory, pee and then wait.

So that's what I did. I kind of got distracted by the tv. It wasn't until two commercial breaks later that I remembered the test.

I went back to it and looked down at it.

Negative.

Huh... well that was a relief. I tossed the test making sure it was hidden in the trash and went back to watching TV.