Ch.40 No more

The next morning Cyrus was gone and I was being woken up by the woman who had dressed me the night before.

Just like he said, she inspected the sheets closely. When she saw the blood she nodded and looked at me. "You have done well."

I didn't feel like though. I felt sick to my stomach. Even if Cyrus hadn't forced me to I still felt terrified for my life.

"You must get dressed and be ready to leave." She said as she handed me my clothes from yesterday.

I felt a spark of hope when she did. Maybe my phone was still in here. I knew I had tucked it in my pocket just before I had tried to run.

Thankfully she left and I quickly changed into the clothes. But I found that they had been washed, and my phone was nowhere to be found.

Hot angry tears washed down my face at my stupidity. Of course they had taken my phone. I was so stupid.

I heard a voice coming towards the tent and I quickly wiped my eyes before the cloth was moved to the side.

The woman was back with a dark blue cloth in her hands.

She opened it up and draped it loosely over my head. It was a hijab... I'd only ever worn one a handful of times when I accompanied my Papa to the mosque. But I was raised Christian not Muslim.

"You are the Princess and future Queen of Persia. You shall carry yourself with honor and respect because you are the wife of Cyrus Al Karafi." She said as she looped the cloth around my shoulders.

"No more tears." She whispered before she led me out.

The sun was already warming the air even though it was still early morning.

She led me through the camp where people bowed their heads to me. When we got to the entrance Cyrus was waiting by a car. Three other cars were waiting. I couldn't see Takir in sight.

I was only a little relieved that he was nowhere near. I would be happy if I never saw that man again.

Cyrus opened the door and let me get in the backseat before he closed it.

He got in the drivers seat without a word to the woman who had brought me to him. I wondered what her name was... what her purpose was here.

I stole one more glance at her before Cyrus pulled off.

Her face was blank, but her eyes were not. She showed an immeasurable amount of strength in them. Years of hardship had given her that.

For a moment I didn't see her as a mean woman. I saw her as the woman who had prepared me in hours for a life I had never known I would have.

.
.

Three hours later we pulled up to a private airstrip where a large plane was waiting.

There were a tone of security there aswell. Cyrus did not open my door, a different man did.

He wasn't as big as Cyrus but he was just as scary. "Come your highness." He said as I slid out from the other side.

The sounds and the heat dis orientated me momentarily but then Cyrus nudged me forward to the plane. "Let's go."

I started walking but he didn't remove his hand from my back.

We started walking up the stairs and when we got to the top a woman in a flight attendant's uniform greeted us with a smile.

"Welcome your highnesses." I heard her say.

The plane was the size of a regular commercial plane but it was situated differently. It was like... what I would imagine Air Force one to be.