Ch.13 Cairo

My last night in America was bittersweet. It was a Sunday so we of course had family dinner at Nana's house. But it was more packed then usual. Everyone wanted to see us before we left.

Like we weren't coming back in four months.

But I felt good knowing that we were well loved. I even made it out without tears.

For the most part. I did cry on the way home but that was no one else business but mine!

Ezra and I spent the rest of the night making sure everything was good to go, we dropped off Zeus with Bones which was...

Lord it was horrible. I felt like I was being ripped away from my child and Zeus didn't take it well. My poor baby whined the whole way there. I made Ezra stop so I could give him icecream from Mcdonalds.

"Alara you make it seem like we're never going to see him again." He grumbled as I fed him the ice cream in the parking lot.

"He's a baby Ezra he doesn't understand why we're leaving him." I said emotionally.

"He weighs just as much as you if not more." Ezra grumbled.

Zeus whined loudly and I scratched him behind the ears. "He's not calling you fat. I promise. He doesn't mean it."

Dropping him off nearly took me out. Bones had to hold him back so that we could get out the door. I cried when we pulled out of the driveway because I could hear him barking.

I could still hear it now...

I rolled over onto my back and closed my eyes tight. I willed myself to fall asleep because I knew it would be a very long day tomorrow. In total... it was going to be a full day plus some of traveling.

We were taking a flight to DC then from DC a ten hour plane ride to Cairo. I had a seventeen hour layover in Cairo which was... ugh I don't know how that happened. But that was how the agency booked it.

What makes it worse, Ezra only had a five hour lay over. He would be leaving Cairo before me and continuing on to Daklha International Airport. Then, Ezra would be there again with all the security and coordinators when we arrived, to take everyone to the military base about an hour away from the airport.

So... I really needed to go to sleep. And now.

As if he sensed my thoughts he turned over in his sleep and pulled me close. "Go to bed baby.." He mumbled.

I sighed softly and curled close to him. "Okay.."

Some how I managed to nod off to sleep.

.

Morning came way too early for me. Even though our flight didn't leave till noon Ezra had us at the airport at seven am.

Butch and Connie had so graciously driven us. I really had come to be close to the both of them, and I really did like them. Connie was always more than happy to show me the ropes around the club. She helped me get to know the other women and make them less intimidating.

I really was going to miss them.

We breezed through security, which... I was surprised about. I'd only flown commercial a few times. Not to sound spoiled but I only ever flew private so this was a new world for me.

But Ezra was an expert at getting through. Even with his guns that he had to check with the people.

While he was doing that, two other guys who looked equally as big and intimidating as my husband started the process.

Apparently they all knew each other and would be in Egypt with us. Their names were Rodney and Kyle. Ezra had known Rodney for a very long time. They were deployed together a few times so they were familiar. And Ezra knew Kyle from previous jobs.