Chapter 8- Sons of Odin

(Word Count: 1842)

Being back in our time was such a relief. Before, I probably would have been super depressed and withdrawn with all that happened: Losing Frigga, being betrayed by Thor, hearing of Loki's death and thinking it was true. But seeing my future self being so happy with life and with Loki, I knew that things would turn out pretty okay. Loki, being disguised as Odin all the time, gave me everything I needed to live comfortably on Asgard with him- that included a fancy new golden eye patch to cover my scarred eye. Loki even added a few symbols on it to represent himself further.

My father and his girlfriend wanted me to return home with them, but I explained that I was going to stay and serve my King. Loki was, after all, the next best thing to serving Frigga. He was king too, so that made it seem less odd. Not that anyone else really knew that it was Loki sitting on the throne of Asgard.

(Name) told us to have fun being together. So we did exactly that. When he wasn't busy being Odin, Loki was sneaking away with me to little secret spots on Asgard to have a good time. Honestly, from a Midgardian viewpoint, we could really be described as carefree teenagers. What worries did we have in the world?

But eventually, I finally understood (name)'s reference to Loki making a play. He made an entire script of 'The Tragedy of Loki of Asgard'. How terribly classy of him...

So where were we currently? I was sitting at his feet, on a public throne as we watched the dramatic play. I had to admit, he was very dramatic for a prince. I felt pretty awkward with him in his Odin form but I tried not to think too hard on it, keeping contact to a minimum as I served and obeyed his every whim.

But I flinched as my eyes landed on someone specific in the crowd. I quickly averted my eyes and said quietly, "Thor is here..." He made a quiet grunt but didn't take a chance of looking back. I looked back once again and Thor's eyes met mine. I stared at him for a moment before I turned away. I saw how surprised he was to find me with an eye patch but then again, he really didn't care about my wellbeing the last time we saw each other.

"Father."

Loki inwardly groaned as he stood to his feet and handed his drink off to a waiting lady. "Shit..." But he looked over to Thor with a false look of joy, "My son, has returned!"

Thor nodded in annoyance. I stood quickly to my feet as he slowly approached and asked, "It's an interesting play. What do you call it?"

"The Tragedy of Loki of Asgard," I answered quickly for Loki, not breaking my eye contact with Thor, "The people wanted to commemorate a hero. He did save the nine realms."

"So he did," Thor knew it was Loki. I could see it in his eyes. "Well, I like the statue anyway. It looks nice. A little less greasy, less weasley maybe."

I sighed, rubbing my forehead. Thor wasn't going to give up until Loki admitted it was him, but Loki would also draw this out until he had no other choice. What ended up happening? Loki had no choice of course. It made me anxious to see Mjolnir flying right as his head but he yielded at the last minute, showing his face. I muttered, "Loki... you idiot..." Of course, the people were shocked and some angry.

"How fares your eye, lady (Name)?"

I glared at Thor for the change in topic. It wasn't like he cared anyway. "I'm fine. Blind, of course, but what else is new?"

"I am sorry for your loss," Thor's eyes stayed on me for a moment longer, "Where is my father?"

Loki pulled me to his side, sensing my discomfort, attempting to redirect Thor's attention, "You just couldn't stay away, could you? You just had to come and ruin everything. Everything was fine without you. Asgard was prospering-"