Chapter 12- Never Gonna Give You Up

(Word Count: 2564)

I knocked on the frame of the white door. "Little Goddess!" I flinched with a short yelp as I was lifted off of the ground by large arms.

I turned my head, smiling slightly at Hulk's affection. "Hey, buddy. Long-time no see. You know where Thor is hiding?"

Hulk grunted before pointing over to the large bed. I bit my lip, trying to hold back my laughter. Did they have to share a bed? "Thor a sleepy head."

I let out a laugh. "I bet he is, but I think I should wake him up now." Hulk set me down and I skipped over to the bed. I observed the way Thor was sleeping before climbing up onto the foot of the bed and slamming my body down on him.

He groaned from the sudden attack and sat up, pushing me off. But he seemed to get his bearings as he asked in surprise, "(Name)?"

I smiled awkwardly, quickly getting up on my knees, settling on the bed beside him. "I came to see how you were doing. The Grandmaster really cheated last night... Are you okay?"

He looked down in front of him and sighed. "Honestly... I'm not as okay as I could be. We need to get back to Asgard. How are your powers coming along? Loki told me you've been having trouble."

"So you two actually spoke?" He didn't seem bitter about it so I assumed they didn't have a horrible conversation. "Loki has been trying to reignite my light. It's been difficult but I can at least make daggers now. Do you even have a plan for getting off of Sakaar?"

He got out of the bed and I followed him as he led me to a window and pointed out of it. "The Quinjet. We're going to use it to escape."

"We?"

"I'm putting together a team of sorts. Me, you, Valkyrie, and Hulk."

"Hulk stay!"

Thor pursed his lips at Hulk's interruption. "All right then. It's me, Valkyrie, and you."

"And Loki?" I tilted my head with furrowed eyebrows.

Thor remained looking out the window. "Loki is... better off here. This planet, it suits him. Lawless, chaotic. He can do well here."

"Thor-"

"This life isn't for you. Will you come with me? We still have to save Asgard, you know this."

I swallowed, looking down at where the Quinjet was. "I'll... talk to Loki about it."

"(Name)," I glanced at him and he seemed sad. "If you're coming, we're leaving now."

"Now, now?"

"Yes," He then smiled broadly, pointing at the doorway, "And you're coming with us!"

I turned and looked and who was standing behind me. My frown increased. "She's the Valkyrie?!"

She tilted her head at us. "I'm not staying to listen to you two." She rolled her eyes and turned away.

"Wait!" Thor shouted, trying to keep her attention, "We need your help!" That didn't work and I rubbed my face at his lost cause. "Odin is dead," He suddenly announced causing her to stop finally. He then continued to explain now that he had the chance, "Hela, the Goddess of Death has invaded Asgard."

"If Hela is back then Asgard is already lost."

"That's why I'm putting together a team." Thor rubbed his hands together victoriously. "Me, you, and her." He pointed to me, to which I looked away immediately.

Brun sighed in irritation. "I think it's just you. I left Asgard to get away and forget it. I was tired of it all, the throne, the secrets, the whole golden sham."