Ch.9 When Abilities Attack

The dark streets of Yokohama are creepy with all this fog going on... I like it.

Kyouka, Atsushi and I were walking through the deserted streets as we make our way to the Agency.

"Um... Kyouka-chan... Shiori..." my twin nervously spoke.

Kyouka and I suddenly start running, startling the scaredy-cat we call Atsushi.

"Y-You guys?!"

We stop when we reached the car that had crashed into a light pole. The two of us looked inside to find no one. It was completely deprived of any human.

"Where's the driver?" Atsushi asks as he catches up with us. "What's going on?"

Atsushi looks up as something caught his attention.

"Kyouka-chan. Shiori."

We look at him. He was looking straight ahead. We follow his gaze to find more crashed cars on the road. Kyouka takes the lead as we start walking down the street to investigate. The three of us were checking for any survivors, but couldn't find any. We also checked some stores and restaurants to find no one as well.

Suddenly, Kyouka and I stop.

"W-What's wrong?" Atsushi asks.

"I feel fierce bloodlust." Kyouka answers.

"So you can feel it too, huh?"

The two of us take off running again. Atsushi quickly follows behind us. We stop once we find a huge pile of blood spattered on the ground.

"Is this another suicide by special ability?" my twin asks.

"No." I answered. "There's no body."

I examined the blood as I crouch down.

This was murder, not suicide.

As I scan the area, I noticed a trail of blood. I follow it with Kyouka and Atsushi following me. We stop once we reached a dark alleyway. A second later, glowing yellow eyes appeared. They were staring right at us. Then, as fast as lightning, something came charging pass us.

It jumps onto a wall of a nearby building and stares down at us

It jumps onto a wall of a nearby building and stares down at us. It was only then I realized it was a tiger. It was Atsushi's ability.

"Let's go you two!"

"Wait! Think you two!" I try to warn.

"Beast Beneath the Moonlight!"

"Demon Snow!"

After a few seconds of nothing, they become confused. The tiger, not waiting anymore, pounces at us. Kyouka grabs my twin's hand and start running as I quickly follow. As we made our way through the cars, I look behind me to find the tiger throwing cars up into the air. They kept crashing right behind us.

"Turn!" I ordered the others.

We turn onto another street to only have Atsushi trip onto the ground. We look to find someone struggling to sit up.

"Kunikida-san." My twin says.

Kunikida sits up while holding his left side. There was a bleeding wound there.

"Atsushi." Kunikida speaks.

"That wound. Did you get shot?"

"I got the bullet out. I'm fine."

"Fine my ass."

While saying that, I rip my sleeve from my shirt and place it on Kunikida's wound.

"Stop, I said I'm-"

"Shut up..."

"..."

I tie my sleeve around his waist tightly to apply pressure to his wound. It soaks up the blood as I move my hands away.

"There. That should stop it from bleeding too much."

"...Thanks."

I smile at him.

"Now, you have a face of someone with good information."

"Right, I know what's causing the serial suicides."

The sound of a car being crushed caught our attention. We look to find the tiger standing just a few yards away from us. Not missing a single beat, Kunikida takes his gun out and shoots the gas tank of the car the tiger was staying on. The car explodes in response.

 The car explodes in response

"Run!" he orders us.

I throw his arm over my shoulder as I support him. The four of us start running. We don't stop until Kunikida directed us into a random alleyway. At the end was a big wooden wall. Kunikida pulls away from me to lift the wall up. It reveals a hidden passageway to other alleyway. We all enter and Kunikida shuts the door behind us.

But the moment he turns-

"Kunikida-san!" my twin and I worry.

I quickly catch him as he falls. Kyouka looks down the alley to find the end of it blocked with iron bars. She starts running towards it.

"Kyouka-chan!"

Atsushi refaced Kunikida.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I got hit by my own ability."

"By your own ability...?"

"That's what I was trying to warn you two earlier. The tiger that's chasing us is your ability, Atsushi."

The wooden wall suddenly breaks behind Kunikida and I. The one who slashed through it was none other than Demon Snow. The sound of the car horn got our attention. We look to find Kyouka had opened the other side of the alleyway. She was now sitting in a car.

"Run, Atsushi, Shiori!" Kunikida ordered.

So the three of us ran out of there with Demon Snow following closely behind. Since Kunikida was injured, I took over the driving. He sat in the back with Atsushi while Kyouka was next to me. I race out of there with incredible speed.

As I look into the side mirror, I could see Demon Snow in the middle of the street, watching us go