Ch.17 Here's The Deal

"Goodnight, Master."

The moment she tries to pull the trigger, the gun goes flying out of her hands. A look of surprise filled her face as I smirk at her.

"What's this?"

"You don't know? Allow me to explain. I knew you would chase after me. So when Chuuya caught me, I made sure my gun touched him."

"What?!"

The gun emits a red glow as it flies to Chuuya's feet. He picks it up and aims it at Queen.

"How did you break free?!"

"I knew you would use his ability against me as well. Remember, when using In Search Of Lost Time, you can only control one living thing at a time. I can't move."

"But I can." Chuuya speaks.

He pulls the trigger and the bullet goes right through Queen's forehead. The jewel shatters as she begins to fade away.

"It looks like you win, Master. But mark my words, I'll kill you one day."

With that being her final words, she disappears and along with her ability. I was able to move again.

"Like you could ever kill me."

My serious face turns into a smile as I face Chuuya.

"Thank you, Chuuya-san."

"You know, it's scary just how much you can predict the future. Your opponents never win against your mind."

He tosses the gun back to me as I walk up to him.

"Aw~, thanks for the compliment."

"Wasn't a compliment, but whatever."

*Beep*

Chuuya takes his phone out after it beeped. He lets out a sigh as he reads his text.

"What is it?"

"I have to go."

"...You're going to leave me?"

"...Come on."

Without any warning, Chuuya picks me up. Once safely in his arms, he activates his ability and takes off in a random direction.

~~~~Time Skip~~~~

"I hate this place." I complain as we walk down the dark hall.

"Me too."

We stop once we reach a metal door.

"Can we break something while we're here?"

"Fine by me."

Chuuya and I both kick the door down like it was paper. Inside was a dark room filled with monitors and a few agents. Leading them was no other then Ango himself.

"You've got some nerve, calling me out like some take-out delivery boy."

Ango faces the other agents.

"May we have some time alone?"

All the agents leave through another entrance as Ango faces us once more.

"This is a government facility. You two don't expect to get away with this, do you?"

Chuuya and I enter the room.

"I'll be the one to decide if I do or not." Chuuya replies. "Not you."

"You have a debt to me."