Ch.20 Do Me That Favor

"Chuuya?!"

I can't see him anywhere! Is he okay!? Did that beast get him!? I should have been paying more attention!

I leap from rock to rock to get closer to the dragon.

Since I used Chuuya's ability already, I can't use it again unless I drink his blood. But I don't know where he is. I hope he's okay.

"You'll pay for hurting my friends! Change, To Kill A Mocking-"

Before I could finish activating another ability, the dragon notices me. It strikes forward so fast that I couldn't find the time to escape. With it's mouth open wide, it swallows me up.

"Dammit!"

I looked around to find myself in an endless void. Instead of being empty, it was filled with gold/yellow light. It was very bright.

"Where's the opening? I have to get back out there."

As I look around I spot something floating in the distance.

"Chuuya?"

I squint my eyes to get a better look. Once I saw who it truly was my eyes widen.

 Once I saw who it truly was my eyes widen

"Dazai-san!"

Overrun with worry, I quickly made my way to him. Once close, I grab his arm.

"Dazai-san! ...Dazai-san! Please wake up!"

He wasn't moving.

"Hey!"

I shake him a bit to only get no response. I place my head on his chest to try to hear his heartbeat...but I couldn't hear it. Next, I check his pulse...but I didn't feel anything.

"What...the hell... You can't be..."

Tears start to cloud my vision as I begin to tear up. I quickly wipe them away, but it was no use.

"Dazai-san... Please... Wake up. I didn't get to say I'm sorry..."

I sit him up a bit as I hug his body. That's when I felt something wet on my hand, which was supporting his back. I pull it away to find blood on it. He was stabbed in the back.

I lick the blood to only immediately spit it out. There was poison in his blood. Judging by the taste of it, it's a lethal anesthetic. I've tasted many types of blood when I was younger. I can tell when something enters someone's blood stream.

With a crazy look in my eyes, I stare at the blood on my hand.

"Who did this...? Was it Shibusawa...or maybe Fyodor? Who cares. I'll kill both of them."

I hug him a bit tighter.

"Dazai-san...don't leave me here. You promise me we would stay together forever... You can't leave me. Odasaku and my brother already have. I can't take another death. Especially if it's you. You mean everything to me."