Ch.18 Mister Dragon

"..."

Chuuya and I are currently on a government plane, heading for the tower I escaped from before. The two of us were sitting next to each other as some random woman was piloting the plane, escorting us there.

"Hey..."

I look up at Chuuya. I was hugging his arm with my body comfortably against his.

"I know you said not to mention it, but I have to know. What happen between you and Dazai? I've never seen you cling onto anyone but him."

I drop my gaze to the floor to only feel my eyes starting to sting a bit.

"Shiori?"

"Dazai-san... He..."

A few tears start to run down my face.

"I hate him."

"...Must have been some fight. But knowing him, he'll make it up to you."

"No he won't! He-"

Chuuya places a hand on my cheek and wipes my tears.

"He made you cry, that jerk. I tell him over and over. If you keep hanging out with him, you'll get hurt. You might even end up dead one day. He must have finally took my advice. He told you to stay away from him, right? That must have been why you two were fighting so badly. He planned ahead without telling you, didn't he?"

"Chuuya..."

"...I need you to stay away from me tonight."

I remember Dazai telling me this at the bar.

"...I just don't want you to get hurt."

He didn't want me to get hurt.

"Stay out of my sight...forever."

He said that when he saw my knees and thought I was injured. Did he blame himself for me getting hurt? Wait, was he trying to protect me this whole time? He lied to me, to protect me? So he's been on my side all this time?

"Dazai-san..."

I'm so sorry.

"He shouldn't have made you cry though... Not again... I'll give him a few punches and that should make him apologize for tricking you."

I couldn't help but smile and giggle a bit.

"You're sound like a protective boyfriend. Like, your protecting your girlfriend or something."

He blushes as he gets flustered.

"W-Well, we're friends after all! It's only natural I would worry about your well-being."

I kiss his cheek, making his face invent a new shade of red.

"Thank you, Chuuya."

"We're almost there." the agent woman informed us.

"Singularity anomaly reading are increasing." 

A panic voice speaks over the radio of the plane.

Huh?

"It's five times higher than six years ago." another voice speaks.

That radio is connected back to where Ango and the other agents are.

"Five point one. Readings increasing. They won't stop."

What are they on about?

"I'm opening the back." the woman informed us.