Ch.13 I Was Foolish

~~~~Shiori's P.O.V.~~~~

Okay. So far as the plan goes...I don't have one.

I was currently riding a random motorcycle through the lovely streets of Yokohama.

I was supposed to meet up with the others once I escaped the abilities. Guess this is a change in my plans.

"I can't believe I forgot she had A Long Way Gone. This is going to make my work so much difficult now."

*Ring* *Ring*

My phone started ringing. I take it out of my pocket and answer it.

"Nakajima."

"You're twin is worried about you."

"Wow... I didn't think you would, out of all people, call me, Akutagawa. Wait, how'd you call me with no connection?"

"We're out of that fog. Are you going to meet us?"

"Change of plans. I have the abilities chasing after me. I'm leading them away as we speak."

"I see..."

"I know we're not classmates anymore, but it would help me if you can give me any information you acquired about this fog or how to defeat the abilities."

"The fog is from the dragon's breath."

"Dragon?"

What is he talking about?

"As for the abilities... I know of a way."

"What?!" I heard Atsushi gasp.

I guess I'm on speaker.

"Defeat the ability, and it'll return to its owner. Are you three that uninformed?"

"Shut it. That's easier said then done."

"What's wrong?"

"Queen of the Damned has a ability that can bring the dead abilities back to life. I have to take her out before defeating the others. While I'm doing that, you three will work to together to take down Shibusawa."

"What?! I'm not working with him, Shiori!"

"I don't need to work with anyone, puppy. I'm going to shred his organs and end his life. Is there any other way to save Yokohama?"

"We won't kill. That's not what the Detective Agency does."

"That's laughable. You're quite something, weretiger."

"What?!"

"Kyouka and your sister understand what this job entails. They're former Port Mafia, after all."

"I left to live in the light of day." Kyouka's voice speaks up. "I quit the Port Mafia to join the Detective Agency. The Mafia's killings and the Agency's killings are different."

There was silence on their side, so I decided to talk.

"I'm with Kyouka. I'm not part of the Mafia anymore either. If I have to kill, it's for the Agency."

I hear Akutagawa sigh.

"If it had happened before Dazai-san joined the enemy, we may have stopped the fog before we had to kill."

I hit the breaks hard. I almost fall off the bike as I come to a complete stop.

"Dazai-san joined the enemy?!" I shouted.

"Indeed. He allied himself with the enemy of his own volition."

"Shut up! Dazai-san would never do such a thing! Not without telling me!"

"He already betrayed the Port Mafia, just like you did, remember little pup? I'm going to be the one to kill Dazai-san."

"Kill him you say..."

Everyone was silent. My voice was cold, threatening and emotionless.

"Do you think someone like yourself can even do it?"

"If he's going to fall into enemy hands, I'd rather kill him myself."

"I won't let you kill Dazai-san." Atsushi coldly speaks.

"Me either." I add. "If anyone hurts him, I'll kill them. I've been trained most of my life to protect that man, so that's what I'll do. I'll burn the world for him."

"...Go see for yourself."

That was Akutagawa's final words before hanging up the phone.

"..."

I put my phone away and head down a different street. I head right for the creepy-looking towner. That's where the enemy is.

"Dazai-san would never... He would never... Akutagawa's sick joke isn't funny. Dazai-san can't betray us... Not me. He just can't."

If he did, I would have no one left. Odasaku is gone, Ango is a man I completely hate. I don't want to lose Dazai too. I don't know how I could handle that.

I reach the base of the tower in minutes. But the moment I do...

*Boom*

The ground beneath me explodes, causing me to fly off the destroyed motorcycle. I land on the ground hard and roll a bit. After a second or two, I struggle to get up.

"You should of just died. It would make this less painful."

I somehow managed to lift my head to look ahead of me. Guarding the tower entrance was Queen and Darkness Within.

"What...the hell?"

"I sense a change in your movements and teleported us here." Queen explains. "You didn't forget about that ability as well, right, Master?"

"I've drank...so much blood...over the years... I can't remember...everyone I've killed..."

I struggle to sit up as I reply. It hurt to move. I fall right back to the ground.

Something's broken. But since my body hurts so bad, I can't tell what it is.

"Your despair is my enjoyment. I love how it fills your mind and body. I want to make you taste it even more. Darkness, sweetheart, let's bring her inside."

Darkness Within disappears from Queen's side to only appear in front of me. I take my gun out to only have Darkness take it from me.

Sh*t. I need to move. I know I'm too weak to, but I have to get out of here. I don't see the other abilities. So I guess she ordered them to go after the others. I have to warn them.

I push myself to lift my body off the ground. But the moment I get to a kneeling position, a gun shot goes off.

"Ahhhh!"

I fall back to the ground, clutching my right leg. I was shot in my knee.

"Make sure she can't run away. She always had a trick up her sleeve."

Darkness shoots me in my other knee, leaving me immobile. I clutch both my legs as I cry out in pain.

"You think you're in pain now. Wait till you see what's inside."

Queen turns around and heads inside the building as Darkness throws me over his shoulder. He follows her inside.