20

I was quickly finding out that jealousy wasn't exactly one of my stronger points. I never really had to deal with it before, or at least not that I could remember. It was an awful feeling. I hated being so possessive over someone that wasn't even mine.

I stood in the kitchen watching Vic and Jaime chatting away on the couch like a couple of old friends. Vic never spoke to me like that. We didn't get stuck in long conversations filled with laughter. It made me realize that maybe we weren't as close as our revelation a few days ago made me think.

I felt like a third wheel. Sometimes they spoke like I wasn't even in the room. Over the past few days I discovered the two of them had a very rough and sexual relationship when they were a thing. I didn't hear that from Vic. Vic didn't talk about that stuff in front of me. I heard plenty of stories from Jaime though since he was around all the damn time while Vic was at work.

It was such an inconvenience having him here. I even had to go back to wearing clothes at all times. Vic and I hadn't even had sex since he showed up. We slept in the same bed though which I supposed was the only bonus about Jaime being here. But even then Vic was usually up late most nights "catching up" with Jaime so he was too tired to do anything with me.

I found myself questioning what Vic wanted. He seemed so comfortable with Jaime, more than he ever has been with me. Did he want more violence? Maybe that was it. Maybe Jaime being here made him realize that he missed whatever Jaime had to offer. I wanted to be everything Vic needed, but right now it felt like he didn't need me at all.

I wouldn't roll over and give up just yet though. I made my way over to the two of them and sat on the couch next to Vic. He was still talking to Jaime about God only knows what, but I wanted attention now.

I placed my hand on his thigh to get his attention, but he didn't do anything. I slid my hand up higher, wanting any kind of reaction out of him. All he did, without stopping his conversation, was push my hand away.

I sighed dramatically and leant back on the couch, crossing my arms over my chest. I made it clear I wasn't happy at all, because I wasn't. Things were going so great before this Jaime guy came along. What kind of name is Jaime anyway?

After the third time I huffed aggressively so he would notice. He finally looked at me questioningly.

"I'm bored." I told him.

"Watch TV." He said and handed me the remote.

"Actually, I had something else in mind." I said suggestively.

"Not now. We're talking." He said and went right back to what he was doing.

I hated that he was doing this. I felt like I was being tossed to the side. I felt like he didn't want me anymore. I hated being brushed off like this. In my annoyance, and in the midst of a temper tantrum, I got up and marched over to my room. I went inside and slammed the door shut.

"Stupid Jaime." I muttered.

I went over to my bed and got in it. I didn't care that it was only the afternoon. I just wanted to go to sleep. There wasn't much point in staying up if Vic didn't want me.

My door opened again and I grumbled when I saw Vic walk in, giving me a less than impressed look.

"Can you not slam the door?" He asked.

"Turn the light off on your way out." I countered.

He sighed and shut the door softer than I had.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

I rolled over, not wanting to answer. Vic didn't make a move to leave though. He didn't say anything. Of course he didn't. He wasn't the begging type. He wouldn't plead for me to talk. I got annoyed and rolled back over, sitting up to face him.