Chapter 29

~Anna~

"Anna c'mon. Please?" Janie whined helplessly, hoping that this time it would work and that shed get her friend out of her bed. "Lets go to the concert I want to go to. Please?"

"Alright, alright. Ill go." I sighed sadly and looked up at her with tears in my eyes. "Let me have some time to myself then ill go to your concert."

"Yes. Of course have your time to yourself. Thank you for at least coming with me." She cheered happily and gave me a happy hug. Janie was like the sister I never knew. I loved her like a sister, honestly. I could tell her anything and everything I may need to and she'd find something to say that would help me. Thank goodness too or else I would be really depressed. I grabbed my coat quickly and walked to the door, looking back at my happy friend whose smile was bigger than I've ever seen it.

"Janie.." I paused, looking down at the floor for a second. "Is it true? You and Harry are dating?" She laughs softly and smiles wide.

"Yes it is. Now go wherever you were gonna go." Janie stands up to come push me out of my room.

"Wait. One more question." I watched Janie for a second before whispering in a sadden voice. "Are Liam and Niall okay?"

"Anna..." Janie paused, an understanding look passing over her face. "Babe. Don't worry about that, okay?" She must've seen the sad smile spreading across my face, tears ready to spill over as she gave me a tight hug.

"Anna when Niall wants to talk to you he will get to you. I know he will, he's so in love with you. I can tell just by the way he looks at you. He wants to hold you like a piece of glass that's very old." I chuckled and shook my head slightly. Her metaphors were always the strangest.

"Okay." I whisper and hug her tightly. "I'll be back in about an hour." She nods and pushes me to the door, as I quickly grab the journal. Rolling my eyes slightly, I make my way to Mama's car. She was the one that suggested that I take some time off and come visit her in America.

Strangely enough, America didn't seem to be my home anymore. I love England and London more than I loved Chicago. The business of Chicago had no comparison to London. The weather didn't compare also. London you may get a few dry or sunny days but in Chicago you wouldn't go a day without wind howling and blowing your hair around as if it was a feather. The snow was always falling in the winter and when you expected something, weather wise that is, it would be the opposite.

Like one year before my father died, we were told that we would get hail and crazy wind storms, but we really got five inches of snow and crazy winds. So they, the meteorologist, got one thing right. That next day my father had me go outside with him and we played in the snow, throwing snowballs at each other and shoveling mounds of snow at each other. Three hours later, the sidewalk and the driveway were cleared and Papa and I were soaked from all the snow.

I parked the car at the familiar place that I was at months ago and my mood seemed to somber even more, if that was possible. I gripped my jacket and journal closer to my chest walking quietly to the grave sight and kneeled beside Papa's grave.

Spreading my blanket down carefully on the ground, opening my journal to the last empty page and set my pen to the page. The words flowing from the gel as I wrote them down quickly.

Dear Cassie,
Hey girly. It's been awhile since I've been written something down to you, I have been very busy. Well, sort of. Last time I wrote to you I told you that I've been going to classes for nursing but I've changed my mind. I'm going to be a doctor now. It's more classes and harder work but I've always wanted to do more than just pass medicine and listen to doctors. I want to help, I want to do more. I want to do everything I can for any kid that I possibly can. I just got a letter in the mail, the one that was able to tell me if I was going to be able to go to med school or not, before Janie dragged me out to America because she just "wanted to go to this awesome concert". I have no idea why we had to come all this way, but I'm not complaining. It was, rather is, nice to see my mom back at home and knowing that she's fine with me moving, for good, to London. It's my home now. Yeah, I know I'll miss coming to see you and dad but I'm getting to the point where I need to move on. It's not enough to just wish that things would get better. They are better, I just wish that you and papa were with me instead. I could use your advice.