Lost Potential

"The Chunin exams huh.." Naruto said to himself as he looked down at a piece of paper and walked down a street in the village. Naruto went to his apartment.

"I'm going to have to save the old man from Orochimaru, and I have to meet Ero-Sennin." Naruto said to himself. He ate some instant ramen and then left his apartment, going to the center of the village in order to look for Jiraiya.

When I met Ero-Sennin it was at the Konoha Hot Springs, so I should check there first. Naruto thought. He ran, rooftop to rooftop, to the Konoha Hot Springs, and found him peeking at the women's hot springs. He went and stood behind Jiraiya and tapped his shoulder.

Jiraiya jumped and stepped back. He looked left and right until he looked down and saw Naruto. "What are you doing, brat? You interrupted my research!" Jiraiya said.

"You were peeking on a hot spring so you can write your less than mediocre novel," Naruto quipped. "Anyways, I'm Naruto, if you couldn't tell already, and I need you to come with me."

"Why should I come with you, brat?"

"The old man and I have important things to tell you." Naruto responded and left it at that.

"Old man?" Jiraiya asked. "Hiruzen. Sandaime Hokage, your teacher." Naruto responded. Jiraiya nodded and began to walk in the direction of Konoha. Naruto followed.

"No need." Naruto said and used Kamui to teleport them both to Hiruzen's office. Jiraiya was shocked. Hiruzen looked at Naruto with surprise, and then his expression went back to normal, almost as if he was expecting that to happen.

"Okay Ero-Sennin-" Naruto started. "I'm not a pervert, I'm a super pervert!" Jiraiya interrupted. "I'm from the future, I have a Rinnegan, and there are a multitude of dangers in the future of this place." Naruto continued.

Jiraiya had to process what he said and then replied with, "Explain."

Naruto then explained everything that happened to Jiraiya and also Hiruzen who was listening in. From the invasion of Konoha to the reason why Naruto had to travel back in the first place.

"Wow.. you've been through a lot, huh?" Jiraiya said. "You need a hug?" he asked.

Naruto nodded and went up to hug Jiraiya. Naruto stepped away from the hug after a while. "Old man, can you oversee me and Ero-Sennin spar?" He asked. Hiruzen nodded and led them to a private training ground. 

Hiruzen stood at the sidelines and Naruto and Jiraiya stood facing each other. Naruto ran towards Jiraiya. He faked a right hook and then tried to do a roundhouse kick to the left side of his head. Jiraiya blocked the kick with his forearm, grabbed him by the ankle, and then threw him. Naruto twisted in the air and then landed on his feet.

Naruto spawned in 5 shadow clones. They all rushed Jiraiya, coming in with a flurry of punches and kicks. One clone managed to land a hit on Jiraiya's jaw. Jiraiya then punched every clone and dispelled them. 

"I guess its time to raise it up a notch. I forgot how powerful you are." Naruto said. Naruto made one clone. Naruto and his clone ran towards Jiraiya. Jiraiya kicked away Naruto and his clone at the same time, making the clone dispel. While using the clone's smoke as a screen, he threw a kunai at Jiraiya's calf so fast that he nicked his calf before he could even react. 

"Was that it, brat?" Jiraiya quipped. Naruto simply pointed behind Jiraiya.

There was the original Naruto midway through a roundhouse kick to his right jaw. His foot made contact with his face, and it made Jiraiya get knocked back around 10 feet.