Aftermath

Hinata woke up in a hospital bed that was next to Naruto's. She tried to sit up but her sore muscles stopped her from even lifting her back off of the bed. She groaned as she remembered what happened to Sasuke, then those groans turned into weeping.

"We couldn't stop Naruto from having the tortoise stolen.. we're so weak.." Hinata thought.

She did not hear Naruto stir and call her name through her weeping, however, and was surprised when she felt a hand on her shoulder.

"Hinata, are you okay?" Hinata looked behind her and saw a bandaged Naruto. She nodded, not trusting her voice.

"We won't let Sasuke's death be in vein. Abu told me the reason why they took Genbu away." Naruto had a small grin. He explained their motives to Hinata.

"O-Oh my. That's.. wow. Naruto-kun, if we defeat the Yonbyakubi, what will we do with it afterwards?"

"I don't know.. having that much power in the wrong hands could have dire consequences. Probably seal it away."

Hinata nodded. She was calm, until she immediately became distressed again. "What happened to Sakura-chan?"

"She's fine. I had to extract her from the Chibaku Tensei." Naruto said. Hinata nodded as she went to sleep. Naruto followed shortly after.

おつつき

"Otsutsukimaru-sama, the mission has been completed." Abu appeared in front of his creator and bowed.

Otsutsukimaru smiled before absorbing Abu and stealing the tortoise chakra from his body.

"Now... my operation is two fourths complete. Only beasts we have left to capture is Byakko and Suzaku." He said to himself. He summoned one hundred clones of Abu, and made them go after Byakko.

"Otsutsukimaru-sama, what do we do about those creatures that one of your clones defeated?" Another Otsutsuki asked.

"We do nothing. Once the Yonbyakubi is revived, there is nothing they could do."

おつつき

"Hinata, the Yonbyakubi is going to get revived soon. What do we do?" For the first time since the Otsutsuki invasion in Naruto's past, he felt fear. He's been having visions of it.

It was gargantuan, to say the least. It dwarfed the Sun in size. It was much too dark to see in the pitch-black reaches of space. But from his perspective, it looked like a massive eye that was easily the size of Jupiter. The eye was black with multiple purple lines going from it's purple pupil all the way back to the back of its eye it seemed.

It destroyed whole galaxies in the blink of an eye, swallowed nebulae, and because it was so powerful, it seemed the universe was beginning to rip at the seams around it.

It was a god.

"I don't know, Naruto-kun.. those visions you've been having.. I don't think we can beat it. But we should fight to the end." Hinata squeezed Naruto's hand to reassure him.

"We should train then." Naruto stood up and stretched. He took one step and then passed out.

"NARUTO-KUN!"

おつつき

Naruto woke up in a pure white room. He felt an overwhelming presence behind him, so he turned around.

"W-who are you?" Naruto asked.

He locked eyes with a man that looked elderly. He donned a purple haori with a black shirt that had blue magatama that framed the collar of his shirt.

He was pale, with white, spiky, medium-length hair. His eyes were his most  striking feature. He shared the same eyes as the Yonbyakubi.

"I am Tsukimaru, and I am going to help you save the world." The man said.

"How?"

"I will tell you. But first, I must tell you a story. Long ago, when the universe was formed, there were four beasts. Byakko, Seiryū, Genbu, and Suzaku. These beasts kept the universe in balance. Everything was peaceful. Until my clan, the Tsuki, came to this universe and captured those four beasts. They combined pieces of the Tsuki powers they had and the powers of the beasts, and they got the Yonbyakubi. They let it wreak havoc on the universe. I was against that, so I went down and separated the beast back into four creatures, and I made two life forms from it. Those were my two children. One was a boy, one was a girl. Their names were Otsutsukimaru, and Hana. I left out one thing in their creation and that was the pieces of my essence I put into the four beasts when I recreated them. I died peacefully, and then my two siblings began to procreate and make a clan called the Otsutsuki. They started becoming power hungry, and stole the beasts once more to spread pieces of their chakra around the world to grow Shinju on other planets. Then they came up with the idea to revive the Yonbyakubi, and here we are."

"Wow.. so what do we do then?"

"Hold out your hands."

Naruto held out both of his hands. Tsukimaru put his hands on top of his and his chakra began to flow into him. It was extremely potent, so much so that parts of Naruto bloated or pieces of a chakra cloak formed around him.

Two moon seals formed on the palms of his hands.

"Now go.. once you defeat the Yonbyakubi, look for the Tsuki stone tablet."

おつつき

Naruto woke up and then stood up immediately. A plain purple kimono manifested on him. The sclera of his eyes were gray, and his striking blue pupils were beginning to turn purple.

"Naruto-kun..?" Hinata put a hand on his shoulder.

Naruto turned around and turned off his cloak, but his eyes remained.

"Hinata, we can beat the Yonbyakubi," Naruto said. "but first, let's visit Sakura." He began to walk to her room, and Hinata followed.

Sakura was asleep, so Naruto woke her up, while giving her some of his new chakra. A purplish-white kimono manifested around her as well. Naruto told Sakura about his encounter with Tsukimaru.

"Wow.. so what do we do now?" Sakura asked.

"We stop Otsutsukimaru from capturing the other beasts." Naruto said. "Sakura, can you fight?"

Sakura nodded.

"Okay then, we leave tomorrow then."