Training

It was mid-day. Naruto was working on his Six-paths senjutsu, trying to make the cloak last longer.

Until, all of a sudden, a black portal ripped a whole through space and time, and Naruto saw it. Out of it came an Otsutsuki clan member donning the white cloak and all. Oddly enough, he had Minato's hairstyle, minus the headband.

When he came out of the portal, Naruto automatically tensed up and got into a battle stance.

The Otsutsuki put his hands up and said, "Chill out. I'm not here to fight. I need to tell you and give you stuff." 

"First of all, my name is Minato Namikaze. As it turns out, people sealed with the Shiki seal become Otsutsuki clan members. We are constructs of chakra, like tailed beasts." He continued.

Naruto snarled, "Don't you dare try to impersonate my father!"

"Do you need proof? You can even ask me something out your past-er future. The clan I'm in transcends the limitations of time, so if you time travel some of us aren't affected.

"Yeah. Who was Sasuke? How did you meet me?"

"Sasuke, at one point, used to be your rival. Then he left for Orochimaru and betrayed the village. At the Fourth Great Shinobi War, he helped seal Kaguya into a new moon. I met you twice, actually. Once during the Fourth Great Shinobi War, and when you almost released the Kyubi to defeat Pein."

"Wow, you actually are my dad." Naruto ran up to him and hugged him. "Was that all you needed to tell me?"

"No. I have one more thing, " Minato's face became solemn. "The Otsutsuki you were fighting may come into this dimension in the next 6 years or so, so you have to prepare. You couldn't even scratch him with your previous strength, so that is why I must give you something; my chakra. If I even give you a little bit your body will feed off of it and begin to make more of the chakra I gave you. Expect some changes to your body. Like better reflexes. Better than the reflexes you have in your strongest form. More strength. All of your techniques are amplified."

"Wait, wait. To stop that idiot Otsutsuki from destroying the world, you're going to give me some of your chakra?"

"Yes." Minato raised his hand, and before Naruto could say another word, gargantuan amounts of chakra flew out of his palm and began to flow into Naruto's stomach and head.

Naruto passed out. Minato dropped a scroll next to Naruto and left the dimension.

Naruto woke up in his mindscape. As he walked down the halls, instead of just finding one room, he saw two. The new room had a ball with the kanji for 20 on it. It was pure white, with streams of its energy getting fed into the pipes he had in his mindscape.

"Wow.." was all Naruto could say. He could feel the otherworldly power course through him. He was jolted awake as he saw Kakashi, Sakura, and Sasuke stare at him. The former two comrades with an actual face of concern, while the latter comrade looked at Naruto while hiding his concern.

"Naruto!" Sakura said first as she went down to hug him.

"You were out for almost a whole month, Naruto, and the Chunin exams are tomorrow. You can drop out if you're too weak to do so." Kakashi informed Naruto.

"No, I won't. I have numerous things to do; too much to just quit now." Naruto said as he gave Kakashi a knowing look.

"Alright, we will do one last team exercise before tomorrow's Chunin Exams." Kakashi said. Naruto got up and followed the team to their training ground.

"Okay, we will just spar." Kakashi declared. "Naruto vs Sasuke."

Naruto and Sasuke stood facing each other in a chalk-lined circle. "Try not to lose too easily, idiot." Sasuke taunted Naruto.