~Twenty-One~

::::

Han Jisung:

I can be a really bad friend sometimes.

I've gotten detention before, but only for like twenty minutes maybe. Hyunjin can wait twenty minutes for me and help me walk home after. But since I got detention from Mr. Park, of all teachers, I was fucked. Three hours!

Hyunjin was not going to wait three hours for me! Not only was I going to be lonely, but I'll have to walk home alone. You would think for a blind person that isn't smart, but I've walked that route for so long that it's burned into my brain and feet and I can just go.

Here's where the bad friend comes in.

I'm going to land Hyunjin his first detention so I won't be alone for three hours straight.

How?, you may ask. You'll see.

::::

Currently, Hyunjin and I are in math class. Ew. Math is basically bullshit if you're blind.

Anyway, I have a plan to get Hyunjin detention. It's not too extreme that it'll get him kicked off the dance team, but it's good enough to get detention with me.

It was simple; throw a pencil and blame it on Hyunjin.

The only problem with that is, I can't blame it on Hyunjin because I wouldn't be able to see. So I had a little talk with Felix before class and he'll blame him for me, and put up a fight if we have to.

But Hyunjin doesn't argue with teachers, so this will work.

So halfway into class, I threw the pencil. I must have hit the teacher, because he yelled, "ow!"

"Who did that?" He asked.

"Hyunjin did it!" I heard Felix yell.

"What?..." Hyunjin whispered to himself. "Mr. Kim, no I didn't."

"He did! I saw him do it!" Felix defended. "I swear!"

Luckily, it worked!

"Hyunjin, detention after school."

Yes!

Sorry Hyunjin!

::::

"I! Can't! Be-lieve! You! Did! That!!" Hyunjin yelled while slapping my arm per every syllable with his binder. School is over now and we're packing up before we go to detention.

"I had too!" I yelled back, rubbing my arm.

"This is the first time I got detention. This goes on my permeant record! How will I get into a performing arts college with a detention on my record? Jisung I swear to god-"

"Shut up! It's only 3 hours, let's go. Did you text mom we'll be home late?"

"Yes. Let's go, asshole."

We walked to detention slowly, Hyunjin still being on crutches and all.

"What do we even do in detention?" Hyunjin asked.

"Whatever, really. Homework, read, draw, anything. Just no talking or phones."

Eventually we walked into the schools library, where all the detention kids stay till their time is over. We sat down at a table next to each other. Only the librarian was in the room, she monitors detention.

I couldn't really do anything due to being blind, so I just sat and did nothing. But I heard Hyunjin's pencil moving and moving, and him giggling every now and then while he drew. His giggle was cute, it reminds me of 7 year old Hyunjin's giggle. It sounds the same.

Whoever was sitting on the other side of Hyunjin whispered, "What are you drawing?"

I assumed he looked over at his paper, because suddenly Hyunjin got defensive. I heard him flip the paper over and hold it against his chest, while he backed his chair up a little (hitting me), and whisper-shouted back, "nothing!"

I didn't hear from the other kid the rest of detention.

"What were you drawing?" I then whispered to him. "You were giggling, and not your mischievous giggle, it was your happy one."

"Like I said, it was nothing, Seungmin- I mean Jisung!"

What?, why...

Did he just mix me up with Seungmin?