~Thirty~

::::

Kim Seungmin:

Being friends with Minho is definitely the best thing that ever happened to me.

He helps me so much, calms me down and makes me happy. I wish he could realize how great he is. Minho is very self conscious, and doesn't see how happy he makes me. And it's upsetting.

I'm stressed a lot. Both my parents are over achievers who always want the best from me, and that seems to make them forget what's best for me. 

They constantly, CONSTANTLY, force me to be the best at everything, and it's extremely pressuring. They want nothing but perfection.

And it's even more stressed because the two of them fight all the time.

I don't get it. They're so much alike, how could they ever fight?

Between them fighting and pressuring me, I don't get a lot of quiet time. That's why Minho let's me go to his house so much.

Minho is like the brother I never had, and I would be grateful for him with or without his disability. Him being deaf doesn't change how caring and sweet he is.

So, when he noticed I wasn't allowed out of the house, he instantly decided to change practice to my house. And I was fine with that, as long as everything was packed up and cleaned before my parents got home.

It was going great, until I noticed Minho's left shoe was becoming untied while he danced. I wanted to warn him, but before I knew it the shoe went flying off his foot.

It was funny until it hit my dads one of a kind statue he won when he was in the 8th grade. It crashed and shattered, unfixable and irreplaceable.

Minho noticed and instantly stopped dancing. He covered his mouth with his hands in shock.

I quickly turned off the music and walked over to the broken glass.

"My parents are gonna kill me," I said. I couldn't believe it.

Then I saw their cars pull up, and I felt my heart start to pound. I told him to leave, and Minho and I bickered about it until he finally gave in and left.

I started cleaning up the glass carefully, then my parents came walking in silently.

I didn't say anything until my mom did.

"What are you doing, Seungmin?"

"Uhhh cleaning," I replied nervously.

"Is that..." My dad started as he walked over toward me and the mess.

I'm screwed.

"MY STATUE!" He yelled when he noticed. It made me flinch.

"What did you do!"

I stood up and started backing away, getting scared. "I-It was an a-accident, I swear!"

"You idiot! How dare you break my statue, you know how valuable that is to me!"

He started walking toward me, and I felt my heart start pounding more. Then my mom interfered.

"You know, it wasn't that great of a statue. You should let it go." My mom pointed out. I don't think she was trying to save my ass, I think she was stating her opinion like usual.

My dad turned away from me, and I let out a breath.

"Excuse me?" He said, slowly starting to get even more mad then he already was.

"Seungmin, leave." My mom said, pointing to the stairs. That's what they always tell me before they get into an argument. They don't want me seeing it, but I can easily hear from my bedroom.

I didn't respond, I just ran up to my room.

I listened to them fight again. They shouted, cried, and threatened a whole lot. I was mentioned a few times but it wasn't much of anything.

Until the front door of the house closed.