~Thirty-Two~

::::

Lee Minho:

When I arrived back home after the incident at Seungmin's house, I felt terrible! Seungmin is going to take the blame for something I broke, he's gonna get his ass kicked, and it's my fault.

I opened the door to my house, and I saw my dad was home early and already making dinner. Usually I'm the one who cooks dinner just because of how much he works a day. He works two jobs almost everyday from very early in the morning, so cooking is the least I can do.

But today, I just waved and went to my room. I shut the door and then looked out my window. I saw Seungmin's parents get out of their car.

Since our houses are right across the street, and I live in a one story house, I'm able to see somewhat inside their house. Not past the kitchen though, so I wasn't able to see what was happening.

There are many different houses on the street. There are ones as tiny as mine, or as big as Seungmin's, or just the perfect size for any family.

After giving up looking, I sat on my neatly made bed with my knees tucked in my chest, just starring at the wall. I was thinking about what could be happening in the Kim's household right now, and it sent butterflies in my stomach. I'm very worried, and the guilt is killing me.

Then I realized I still have the shoes on. After my left one flew off, I had to put it back on so I could run home. They were the shoes Jisung gave me. Even though they're the cause of the problem, they made me feel better because it was a gift from Jisung.

I sat in my room alone, waiting for dinner to be ready. But while I waited, I saw the window open and Seungmin came through.

Relieve filled my body knowing he was okay.

He lowly walked to my bed and sat next to me, and I hugged him. I felt him start to cry, and it made me frown.

We unhugged each other.

"I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to be out, so I snuck though my bedroom window." He signed to me while rubbing his teary eyes.

"How did it go?" I asked nervously.

He took a breath, pulling himself together. He stopped crying before answering me.

"I got screamed at of course. My dad is furious. I think he was about to hit me, but my mom made a smartass comment about the statue and they started fighting again."

I noticed he was about to start crying again. I rubbed his shoulder, and he continued to tell the story.

"I got sent to my room while they fought, but then something that never happened before happened. I heard the front door shut, and on my way over here I noticed my dads car is gone." Seungmin paused and wiped his eyes again.

"I think he finally left."

My heart broke reading that. Seungmin always feared that one of his parents would leave. As much stress his parents cause him, he doesn't want to live without both of them.

I pulled him into another hug and I let him cry. But I just can't stop myself from thinking...

This is all my fault.