~Thirty-Six~

::::

Hwang Hyunjin:

"So, Hyunjin are you interested in anyone?"

Hearing Minho ask that was unexpected and nerve wrecking. I didn't want to answer that, especially because Seungmin was here.

I turned my head to look at Seungmin who was still sitting next to me, awkwardly, and I felt my face become red. He picked his head up at Minho's question.

"Uh, yes. Why?"

I didn't get an answer, instead Jisung asked Seungmin the same question.

He replied yes, and I don't know why but I felt sad. I had a feeling it wasn't me. It couldn't be me. Seungmin doesn't like boys, I thought.

"You do?" I asked.

"Mhm, you too?"

"Yeah."

Should I take a risk and ask who? I felt my stomach bubble up with butterflies just thinking about asking. Plus, I don't want to get disappointed.

Luckily, I didn't have to, because Jisung beat me to it.

"Who is it, Seungmin!" He asked excitedly.

Minho then joined in, paying close attention to his lips, "Yeah, Hyunjin who's yours?"

Seungmin and I looked at each other nervously, then looked away. It was so awkward.

Seungmin and I didn't look at each other now, and our bodies weren't facing. We couldn't make eye contact, but why?

"Who is it?" I finally asked, hoping he says my name. I then looked at him again, but he was still staring in the distance.

He sat there not saying anything. It felt like we were alone.

"Seungmin?" I asked, wondering if he heard me.

He still didn't answer me.

The wind blew, messing up our hair and creating a whistling sound. I fixed my hair.

I then looked down at Seungmin's hands, and they were close to mine. My heart picked up its beat.

Seungmin looked nervous, I wonder why.

He finally looked at me. "Y-Yeah?"

I saw his hand inching toward mine. Is that on purpose?

Then I came to the realization, my fantasy might me true. Why else would he be so silent about telling me?

"Is...there something you want to tell me?" I asked, refusing to take my eyes off his shaking hand, that was still coming closer to mine.

"Yeah," he answered, pausing for a second. "Is there anything you want to tell me?"

His hand was very close to mine now.

"Yes."

Then, finally he took my hand in his own. We interlocked fingers and smiled at each other, both exhaling a breath we didn't know we were holding.

We looked at each other, taking in each other's beautiful facial features.

"Finally!" Minho yelled, smiling. "Took you guys long enough, Jisung it worked!"

"It did? Awe! Was it cute, what happened, give me details! You're supposed to be my eyes Minho, tell me everything!"

"They're holding hands, Ji. Holding hands! With interlocked fingers!"

Then they both yelled happily at the same time.

Their yelling snapped us back into reality. We had forgotten they were even there, they were so quiet!

Seungmin and I let each other's hands go, and I put them in my pockets awkwardly.

"You guys planed this, didn't you," Seungmin questioned with realization when he saw our friends reactions.

"Of course we did!" Jisung answered.

As annoying as he is, I love Jisung so much. I finally have this huge secret off my chest. I'm so grateful to have such a caring best friend like him.

That... evil genius!

~

This was so soft ;-;

I thought them sitting at a dark part on a hill with the low wind blowing was very romantic and cute uwu

And I kinda stole their getting together scene from the show Andi Mack oops-