10. Party

I rolled onto the mat to avoid Natasha. She lunged for me and I met her halfway, grabbing her arms. When I swept her legs from under her, she pulled me with her. We rolled around and Natasha pinned me to the ground.

"What next?" Natasha asked.

I faked a move and pushed her off with a leg. I got up and pinned her to the ground, pressing against her neck with a knee.

"Tap out, tap out," I growled.

Natasha struggled but eventually tapped my leg. I got up and helped her up.

She shook my hand. "Good job, Charlie. You're learning very well."

"Thanks," I said. "I have the best teaching me."

Natasha grinned. "Thanks. Let's call it good for now. We have to get ready for that party."

I rolled my eyes as I took off my gloves. "Don't remind me. I still haven't chosen my outfit yet."

"It's a good thing you have me," Natasha said as we started walking out of the training area. "I'll get your outfit as you take your shower."

"Don't choose anything too flashy," I said.

Natasha gave me a look. "I wouldn't do that to you. I know your style."

I shook my head and followed her to my room. I had a bathroom connected to my room so I didn't have to go very far. I went in there and took a quick shower. When I got out, I brushed out my hair, braided it, and returned to my room.

Natasha glanced over her shoulder at me. "I chose you some outfits. Come look."

I got to her side. She had chosen a few different things for me to wear. They were pretty and definitely a way to show off in front of Rhodey.

My fingers traced down a pair of ripped jeans. "I want this one. I know how much Rhodey likes old school rock and roll."

Nat smiled. "Good choice. I'll go grab my clothes while you change."

Nat left as I took off my shirt. I tossed my clothes aside before changing. After I was done I tied a red flannel around my waist. Sitting at my vanity, I started doing my make up. I did very little as I didn't feel like it.

 I did very little as I didn't feel like it

Nat came in as I put on a pair of glasses. She was wearing a jumpsuit with her hair curled slightly.

Natasha came up behind me and placed her hands on the seat behind me. "You rock that perfectly, Charlie."

I laughed. "Funny. Is it almost time?"

Natasha nodded. "Yeah. It starts in forty minutes I believe."

"Then Rhodey should be here somewhat soon," I said. "I wonder when he's going to be here and what he'll be wearing."

Before Natasha could answer, there was a knock on the door. I got up to answer it and found Rhodey standing there in a suit.