17. Breakfast

I woke up with a soft moan. Sitting up, I looked around my room was the same except for the wheelchair and Rhodey in my bed. I grabbed his hand to squeeze it momentarily before getting up to change.

I slipped on a shirt and bent over to grab a pair of pants when Rhodey whistled. I sent a glare over my shoulder as I stood up.

"Goodmorning, Charlie," Rhodey greeted.

I started putting on my pants, certain that Rhodey was staring at my ass. "Goodmorning. How'd you sleep?"

"Great," Rhodey replied. "Your bed is more comfortable than the one at the hospital."

I turned around to face Rhodey. "I'm sure. What do you want to do today?"

"Take you out to breakfast," Rhodey replied. "I know an amazing diner in down that has good food. I want to take you there. We haven't had a proper date since the accident.

"Okay," I replied. "Let's go. Do you need help with anything?"

Rhodey pointed to a corner. "Can you get those clothes for me? I'll need help with my pants but the rest I can do."

I grabbed his clothes and helped him with his slacks. I set the rest of his clothes on the bed and I started getting ready. I put very little makeup on. It wasn't a full face day. By the time I was done, Rhodey was in his chair.

"Can I braid your hair for you?" Rhodey asked.

"Yeah." I handed him a hair tie and turned away. "How good are you?"

Rhodey started combing through my hair. "We'll see. It might not be good but at least I'm trying. We might have a daughter one day."

"I'm not getting pregnant and giving birth," I said. "I refuse. I'll adopt but I'll never get pregnant."

"Okay," Rhodey said

"Okay," Rhodey said. "I didn't want children of my own that much anyways."

I smiled. "I'm glad you understand. I grew up in an orphanage and I knew what it was like and I'd hate for another child to experience what I had."

"You grew up in an orphanage?" Rhodey asked. "You didn't tell me that."

"I told you I was adopted," I answered. "I didn't say I was adopted from an orphanage. I'm from India. I didn't have a name until a man came along and I became Charlie Fury."

Rhodey paused halfway through my braid. "Fury? You're Nick Fury's daughter?"

I nodded. "Yeah. I didn't want to tell you because I thought you would be mad and run off because of my dad. That's why I told you he was a high-level government official."

Rhodey started braiding my hair again. "I'm not mad. Just surprised. I just have to not hurt you or I'll go missing."

I laughed. "He likes you a lot and thinks you're a good guy for me. He'll try not to make you go missing if you do hurt me though."